ZOFRAN IN INJECTABLE FORM

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

ZOFRAN IN INJECTABLE FORM

Postby nikki0072004 » Dec 17, 2004 9:33 pm

Hello everyone!

I am only 5 weeks with twins, and already getting sick. I am taking 8mg of Zofran 3x a day, and its working, but I know I will soon reach the point that swallowing anything is an impossibility. Has anyone tried the injectable Zofran? Does it only come in the 2mg shot? Is it subcutaneous or intramucsular? I wont have problmes giving myself subq shots, but 12 intramuscular shots a day would be AWFUL!!!

Anyone have any advice, or expereince??????
nikki0072004
Welcomed Friend

Postby aaronsmommy » Dec 17, 2004 10:34 pm

I had 8mgs intramuscularly daily at one point, but the easiest would probably be the subcutaneous pump, that way you just stick yourself once every couple of days and leave a catheter in, you get the medications continuously, and you can give yourself a bit extra when you feel rotten.
The home health company Matria is probably the easiest way to set that up. They also do fluids and TPN if it were to come to that.
Congratulations on the twins, I'm glad that's all there are in there!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Marie » Dec 18, 2004 12:54 am

I personally have the Zofran pump. I have to rotate my sites, but if you are not on home IVF's, where the drug could be pushed on a schedule, then the pump would probally be a better choice. With my pump the insurance wanted to see a real "need" first, so I was admitted twice before they allowed me to have the pump. Good luck!!
Marie..
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

hi

Postby IslandDreamer » Dec 19, 2004 10:24 am

Hello,

I haven't information to offer on the shots as Zofran didn't work well for me. But I did want to stop by and offer you some support and encouragement. I, too, get sick at 5 weeks. Take the test, smile for a day or two, and off to the ER...blah. So sorry you are dealing with HG, but so happy for you about this little one. CONGRATULATIONS!

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to New to the Forums