Thank god for this site 14 weeks with baby number 3

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Thank god for this site 14 weeks with baby number 3

Postby WarriorMummyx3 » Dec 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I have been visiting this site a lot over the past few weeks wish I knew about it with my other pregnancies, hyperemesis is such a lonely condition it's nice to find others that know what your going through. I've had hyperemesis with all 3 of my children the first time I almost died I didn't know what it was I lost almost 3 stone was hospitalised for almost a week and immediately put on fluid ect. With my second it weren't as bad but still pretty awful I was very sensitive to smells with that pregnancy a slight wiff of perfume/aftershave ect would set me off it was really hard. This time though with my 3rd it's worse! I have had the worse weeks of my life been hospitalised with dehydration I have constant 24/7 nausea the only time I get a break from it is when I'm asleep :( I'm miserable was put on zofran but that only helps with the vomiting and my doctor is very unsympathetic with me I have to beg for the medication and even then I only get given 3 days worth at a time. My family are suffering terribly because of my illness and I am becoming depressed with it is there light at the end of the tunnel?
WarriorMummyx3

Re: Thank god for this site 14 weeks with baby number 3

Postby DivineLotus » Dec 09, 2015 3:31 am

Im glad you found this site. Congrats on your pregnancy. Doctors truely make or break your health during HG. If your doc can set you up with home health thay would be best (if its that bad). Right now youre in the thick of it so its best for better tereatment now. If you can take someone to advocate for you that would help you. Or even take him some info about HG. And yes, Of course there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Take it one day at a time. One min at a time if needed.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Re: Thank god for this site 14 weeks with baby number 3

Postby alleycat1444 » May 05, 2016 5:43 pm

Try some diclegis from the doctor. Free samples are best at first then go to diclegis.com you can get them for a dollar a pill because most insurances don't cover it. It has saved me from the ER trips and dehydration. Still some nausea and spells of puking and fainting but it is better than I was 14 days without eating. Zofran doesn't help.
alleycat1444

Return to New to the Forums