New mom and so exausted

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

New mom and so exausted

Postby melsy » Jan 03, 2016 12:54 am

I am 9+5 and have had nausea since week 6. I took almost a month's worth of sick time and am about to request federal leave. The vomiting and nausea have taken over. Today is one of the worst days I've had. I can't keep fluids or any type of food down. I've vomited the doxylamine three times, and I think all of this has to do with the first dose of zofran I took in the am.

I can usually stomach apple juice and the doxylamine, then later on, I am able to eat a bit and function somewhat. But some days are just hell and today is the pit of it. I'm afraid I may need to go to the er in the am if I can't get this vomiting under control.
To top it off, I am so sad and drained both physically and emotionally. I have broken down and cried to not be pregnant and my husband is so worried.
My obgyn just prescribed the zofran. I have yet to tell him about the side effects since it's the weekend. I just need so relief from vomiting 15+ times so I can rehydrate and regain my sanity.
melsy

Re: New mom and so exausted

Postby Ctracey185 » May 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi Melsy,

I'm a new mom too and I can understand. This is really hard and nothing can prepare you for it. I'm so sorry and I know what it's like. Some days it feels like simple tasks take all my energy . I still have two week old folded clothes to put away and I'm learning to accept it. Lol. Hang in there!
Ctracey185

Return to New to the Forums