Dr. Appointment... Said baby doesn't look like it should.

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Dr. Appointment... Said baby doesn't look like it should.

Postby Ctracey185 » May 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi all!
This is my first post!
I am a first time pregnant gal... And a second generation HG sufferer.
Thankfully I am able to keep some liquids and light foods down with my friend diphenhydramine. Without it, forget it. Bring on the toilet and feelings of misery all day. I'm still down 5pds in 2 weeks... But who's counting?

Anyways, I went to the dr two weeks ago with excitement ready to hear my baby's heartbeat. My husband and I stared at the screen and saw inconsistent flutters that lasted all of .5 second after a minute. At that point I believed I was 7 weeks along. After prodding around for a while, she notes my tipped uterus and looks concerned. The dr looked at us and said "the baby doesn't quite look how I want it to". She said there's still hope and to come in again in 2 weeks in case I was off on my dates or to monitor if the baby really will miscarry. She silently took the printout the machine gave and put it away.

Miscarry? What? I recovered after a few days and kept hearing the dr.'s voice in my head. Doesn't look how I want it it... Too close to the uterine wall.. Well, my appointment is Friday and I am filled with anxiety. What if my baby doesn't make it after all the hg suffering??? I work full time and do the best I can not to pass out most days, it has been truly unbearable and isolating on other days.

I'm struggling. I want my baby to make it so badly... I'm tired of being so sick... I can't imagine going through this again if my precious bean doesn't make it.

Have any of you gone through this? How did you get through it?
Ctracey185

Re: Dr. Appointment... Said baby doesn't look like it should

Postby serephimlafey » May 20, 2016 1:28 pm

I haven't gone through this but I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby CML46 » Jun 07, 2016 11:35 am

How did you get on?
CML46

Postby smatarazzo » Jul 05, 2016 4:58 pm

How did things turn out? I'm so sorry you are going through this. I remember thinking that if I lost my son I might never have children as I couldn't imagine going through the sickness again. I swear, despite these medical professionals working with pregnant women for years they still somehow say the wrong thing every time. Good luck!
smatarazzo

Return to New to the Forums