So many questions

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

So many questions

Postby Hopeandfaith » May 20, 2016 10:30 pm

I just recently discovered this forum. I'm 37 ttc.
My first pregnancy was terminated due to HG in my early 20s.
That left me NEVER wanting children if I had to experience that every time.
I find myself wanting one.
Does HG change with age? my 2nd attempt will be 15 years later?
2. Do Different fathers make a difference?
3. I've heard it's hereditary but my mom had 5 kids and never suffered and I have two sisters with two kids each who had no relatable symptoms.
4. Am I crazy for even considering this?
5. What really works to help prevent?
Desperately seeking advice.
Thank you and God bless.
Hopeandfaith

Re: So many questions

Postby serephimlafey » May 21, 2016 11:42 am

from my experience hg does differ from pregnacy to pregnancy. my first was the worse, second was moderate, third was mild and this last one is hell but finally manageable. as far as I know there is still no rhyme or reason as to why we get it. my older two children have a diffrent father from my younger and I still get hg all four times. my 2.5 year old daughter was the easiest to deal with hg wise because I was more prepared for what happens. I didn't wait around to he get iv's and I got on meds as soon as I could.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Re: So many questions

Postby smatarazzo » Sep 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Hello! I know this is many months later but in case you are still TTC I wanted to chime in! :) First I'll say that you should read this book:
https://www.amazon.com/Hyperemesis-Gravidarum-Definitive-Caitlin-Dean/dp/099306230X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474753809&sr=8-3&keywords=hyperemesis+gravidarum
It helped me feel less alone and gave me a lot of answers! It also has helped me know what ask my doctor and really advocate for myself.

Next, my mom had four kids and my older sister has three and they never experienced HG, so I'm not sure why it chooses us. I only have had one child but have heard that your age and the father doesn't matter. It's also nothing you have done or can do to change so working with your doctor to manage your symptoms and trying out the options is the best way to get through it. If you don't think you can do it, maybe look into adoption. It's one thing that we have considered. Good luck!!
smatarazzo

Return to New to the Forums