ROLL CALL: Where are we from?

Discuss issues unique to your country such as your health care system, medications, etc.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Postby bibliojo » Oct 02, 2005 6:42 pm

Welcome Cathy! It's nice to have another Canadian around even if you are living in the states! :) I hope that the next 7 weeks of your pregnancy goes well and you get to have a natural delivery! Please keep us updated! :)

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 02, 2005 9:11 pm

Poor Helen! For you (well, any of you), I'd gladly research the night away!

More insomnia, huh? I do remember that stage of pregnancy well. IM me if you're bored. I'm not always around, but I'm always logged in. :D
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby stephensmam » Oct 03, 2005 1:56 am

Have you pamela how exciting is she active here and if so can you pm her for me and ask her if she interested in talking to me
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby rozz » Oct 03, 2005 5:44 am

Hello everyone,
Im rozz,and I live in Victoria ,Australia with my dh and 3 ds,s.
We would love another baby,but had hg with all 3 kids. The last pg was SEVERE, so going back for me is a huge step that I dont know if I will take yet.
rozz,mum to
zachary 1994
jacob 1996
xavier 2004
rozz

Postby Kadinga » Oct 05, 2005 7:33 am

Well, Rozz, I think that makes 6 of us Victorians I have counted in here! Are you city or rural? Please say rural. I think I'm the only one of the other 5 not in Melbourne.

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Israel

Postby ladybug » Dec 18, 2005 1:09 am

I'm an American living in Israel and this will be my first pregnancy in a strange land! I am planning an embryo transfer for next month, so I'm not actually pregnant YET. I've had a number of HG pregnancies (mostly miscarriages except for one--my son) so I'm not really looking forward to this! Nurses here are not trained in bedside manner the way they are in the states, and there is little understanding of HG, so being in the hospital for fluids and meds can be a less than ideal experience. I did just recently find a private nurse who will come to my home and give me IV fluids daily, and my family doc will order the fluids. So maybe I will survive all this . . .
ladybug

Postby bibliojo » Dec 18, 2005 6:30 pm

Welcome! :D We have another North American living in Israel too - her name is Shana and she is originally from Canada. I thought you may want to know in case you wanted to contact her and see what she has learned from her experiences. I wish you the best of luck in your quest for another child...

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby ladybug » Dec 19, 2005 11:35 am

Thanks Joanna! I did meet her and we actually talked on the phone. It was very lucky since the perinatologist I went to see for my preconception consultation happens to also be her doc, and he offered to put us in touch. And then it looks like I would have met her here even if he hadn't, so it definitely feels like it was meant to be! It is SO nice to know that I have her support here in this country.
ladybug

Re: ROLL CALL: Where are we from?

Postby Irene » Jan 05, 2006 5:33 pm

My name is Irene. I'm 28 and have a 19 month old daughter, with which I had severe HG. I live in the North of Norway. I am Irish, but moved to Norway as a young child. I always wanted a large family, but HG has put a stop to that. I hope that some time we will find the courage to try for another child.
Irene
Opinionated HGer

Postby bibliojo » Jan 06, 2006 12:34 am

Welcome Irene! :D You're our second person from Norway! Sarah (Saracelli) is also from Norway and is due to give birth this month. There's also a lady from Ireland on this site - Jacqueline. So we've got you covered!! :D

I can understand your fears of being pregnant again. I think we all struggle with that here. But maybe with some time and preparation you'll feel ready to have that second child. Maybe check out the preparation for HG folder? Also hearing the stories of other women who have survived HG a second (third, fourth or even fifth time :shock:!) is very inspiring.

Good luck!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Norway

Postby Irene » Jan 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Thank you for tipping me about Sarah in Norway. To my delight I got in contact with her and we have been PMing since. It proved very usefull getting to know what medical treamtent she got. Allthough she had to fight for it, she was medicated, while I was not. Knowing it is possible, gives me hope. She had her c-section on Monday. I have not heard from her yet. Will let you know how it went, if she doesn't post. Thanks again. It makes all the difference knowing there is someone to talk to close to home.

:D irene
Irene
Opinionated HGer

Postby bibliojo » Jan 13, 2006 7:04 pm

Irene, that's fabulous that you and Sarah are chatting! :D Other people's experiences, especially in your own country, are so informative!

Here's a post about Sarah's baby boy being born if you are interested!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Any one in Northern Canada?

Postby Cin » Feb 27, 2006 7:29 pm

Anyone on these boards in the far North of Canada -- ie. the Yukon, NWt or Nunavut? I'm in Yellowknife, 16 weeks, and wishing someone around here understood.

I'm actually at work today, and having a vacation day from HG! :shock: :lol: I can't believe it, I can eat! FOODMENT: I just ate M &Ms! This is the first time I've eaten anything in a week and a half! Does anyone else have vacay days?
Last edited by Cin on Mar 03, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Feb 27, 2006 8:14 pm

Welcome Cin! :D I think that you are the furthest north Canadian around here!

Congratulations on your "vacation day" but take it easy! It may come back to bite you. :( Although I do hope that this is the beginning of the end for you. Many women do see a lessening of symptoms around 15
weeks or so.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » Feb 27, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi Cin,

Nice to see another Canadian around here! How are you finding the medical care for HG in the NWT? I know Iqaluit well but I've never been to Yellowknife...
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby Cin » Mar 01, 2006 12:59 am

Hi:

My doc is great and understanding, and we have an ER, so that helps. If I was in one of the outlying communities, I think I'd be doomed. (can you say medevac?)

And you were right, yesterday did bite me today. I couldn't get out of bed all day, retching and nauseous. But 0 vomits, so that's something, and I ate supper. :D

Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow. Anyone else get so damn tired from the nausea, even when you haven't vomited? :cry:
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby madcow » Mar 01, 2006 8:00 am

:D hello to you all :D

my name is zoe im 30 i have two boys one is 7(aaron)and my other is 2 in april(liam).i live in chelmsleywood birmingham uk.
i am not a hg mummy but i am a supporter to my sil and bro and i think you are all GREAT...thankyou all for your advice you dont know how much it means to me

:?: are there any more supporters out there :?:
ImageImageImage
madcow
Welcomed Friend

Postby Atsie » Mar 01, 2006 5:54 pm

Wow Cin, you are really far up there! I was going to type, Good to see another Canadian but it really isn't good to see new members here ( we don't wish this on anyone!)! So I will go with Nice to meet you! :wink:

I hope you have some more 'vacation days'!!!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Kadinga » Mar 01, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi Cin,

I'm not Canadian, but I wanted to say hi and that I totally get what you're saying about the nausea being exhausting. Exhaustion is my biggest problem these days, as I'm usually only actually vomitting once a week or so now, but too much effort at anything and I'm a mess.

I'm glad that you've found us and I hope that you find the forums a source of support and hope.

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby Cin » Mar 03, 2006 2:15 pm

As always, thank you, everyone. This place is the only place anyone understands.

New drugs are working, and am back at work again. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'm over the hump!

PS. Sorry for the FOODMENT in my first post here; I wasn't totally with the guidelines yet. I'll go tag it now.
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Cin
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to HG Beyond North America