medications - what did you take??

Discuss issues unique to your country such as your health care system, medications, etc.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Postby stephensmam » Feb 06, 2007 1:30 pm

hi for my first pg i was offered lozac at 17 weeks of course i couldnt keep it down
for my second pg i was on zofran liqued from 4 weeks to 7 weeks then zofran iv from 7 weeks till 13 weeks i alsi tried b 6 , meclizine kindly sent from a friend in the USA, unisom sent by the same friend and steroids from week 12 till week 27 ish.only the steroids worked ,
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby EliseVT » Aug 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi, I'm in Canada -- Here's what I'm on/what I've tried... I know this post is old... But I'm here now too :P

What I'm on now...

Ondansetron (Zofran) - 4mg Once Daily (but this will probably go up soon)
Metoclopramide (Maxeran, Reglan) - 10mg 3x daily
Doxylamine/Pyridoxi (Diclectin, Unisom/B6) - 3 tabs, 4x a day (12/day)
Ranitidine (Zantac) - 75mg 4x/day
PregVit folic 5 (Vitamins) - 1 in the am, 1 in the pm

What I've tried...

Promethazine (Histantil, Phenergan) - made me tired, that's it
Meclizine (Bonamine) - the raspberry flavoured chewables made me more sick...
Prochlorperazine (Stemetil) - Did nothing...
Tums - Not Strong enough

Oh!

I'm allergic to...

Dimenhydrinate (Gravol, Dramamine)
Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)

Elise

Both make me get hives/itchy and I hallucinate...

I also take some Acetaminophen (Tylenol) every once in a while as needed... HG makes you find muscles you didn't know you had... It's amazing how much vomiting hurts your body!
Angel Baby - November 6/07
TougHGuy Zach - December 11/08
EliseVT
Devoted to You

Postby Caro » Dec 07, 2010 8:49 am

Wow, this post is and old one! But I'll also make my contribution.

My name is Carolina. I live in Spain, and suffered mild HG in my pg (first and only one so far... thinking hard about second chance...).

First, I was told by my GP that 'pregnancies are sometimes hard, but this is normal and natural'. Four weeks later, 5 pounds less and after being in hospital for severe dehydration, he 'transferred' me to an OB/GYN in hospital, because my pregnancy was 'the most difficult he had seen in his carreer' (lucky him...).

He had started me on Cariban (piridoxine and doxilamine), but had no effect at all. I soon started to vomit the capsule right after taking it.

In hospital, they put me on IV's and gave me Zantac (ranitidine), Almax (almagato) and Primperan (metoclopramide). It helped enough to leave hospital, but the day after, I was puking so bad again. That was when I got 'transferred'. My GYN prescribed me Primperan (syrup) before all the meals (four to five a day) and I started to settle a little. But then came pitiliasm, as horrible as vomiting all day. But with the vomiting receding, so did the pitialism, and by week 20 I was a person again. That's why I say it was just mild, I've read enough stories of some of you that are so much worse :S
Caro

Previous

Return to HG Beyond North America