SafeHaven...anyone know this site?

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

SafeHaven...anyone know this site?

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 12, 2005 11:13 am

Hi Ladies,

I browsed through the Safehaven site yesterday and wondered if any of you have been there before. Is it a good site for Moms with HG terminations? I'm not certain as many of the women there had "elective" procedures. What do you think? I don't want to add this to our list of resources until I get some more opinions. Thanks.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HGx3 » Mar 13, 2005 3:44 pm

I think an elective termination because of HG or another medical condition, is ranked very differently from one chosen "just because". Though the site may be able to be offer support in terms of the sadness involved, I dont think it can offer the appropriate support for someone who truly wanted thier baby, but had to make the decision to terminate because there really wasnt any other way to survive the pregnancy due to health related issues. I wouldnt want to give newcomers the impression that we encourage hgers to terminate thier pregnancies.We want them to survive them if at all possible. However, if an hger has to make the horrible decision to terminate, and does so, then we will not judge and offer the ultimate support to them.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery