It's been 25 years

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

It's been 25 years

Postby Jammy » Jul 20, 2015 1:05 am

25 years ago I experienced extreme HG on my first and only pregnancy. After weeks in the hospital a therapeutic termination was recommended. Out of my mind with fear and pain, I chose termination. Not a day goes by that I don't experience guilt and grief over this awful choice, which wasn't really a choice at all.
There is a lot more to the story that made it awful, but maybe another time I will have the strength to go into it.
Just this week I finally confessed to my husband, who was by my side 25 years ago, how much I still hurt. It surprised him.

So glad yo have found this forum with so many who have walked this sad path.
Hugs to all.
Jammy

Re: It's been 25 years

Postby DivineLotus » Jul 21, 2015 1:35 am

My condolences. HG is pain and I understand the pain HG causes. Be gentle with yourself. Even though it was a long time ago any loss affects us. I wish you peace in this trouble time.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Re: It's been 25 years

Postby Nina19 » Jul 22, 2015 6:40 am

I am so sorry for your loss and everything you had to go through. It really is no choice at all, when you are out of your mind with nausea, pain, starvation, fear and despair... no matter what doctors tell themselves so they can live with what they do :(

Sitting here with tears streaming down my face, I can relate to your sense of daily loss, grief and guilt. So many whatifs and if only's... such longing and wishing you could turn back the clock and go back to that life-changing moment.

For me it is only a year this coming Friday, since the worst day of my life. And it already feels like eternity.

Sending you much love and light and hugs
xxx
Nina19

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery