Today is four months

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

Today is four months

Postby IslandDreamer » Sep 25, 2004 11:28 am

Four months ago today, my little spoon girl, Hope, was born. Miss her so much...her EDD is looming as well.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Mar2 » Oct 05, 2004 3:47 pm

Suzanne,

I am sorry I wasn't around to support you on the 25th. How are you doing? Is your body starting to recover yet?

When is Hope's EDD?

Take care,
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

thanks Marla

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 06, 2004 8:03 am

Hi Marla,

Thanks so much for posting. I really appreciate it. Still really struggling with missing her...should be 31 weeks.

The anniversary of Hope's early arrival was better this month. Made plans in advance: to plant bulbs, to write, and to bring little bears to the ER. Just planning for it helped. I made the decision not to be caught by surprise and felt better all day. Didn't get to the ER yet, but I think I'll bring the bears for other sad mommies over the day of the Walk to Remember. Did much digging, crying, and writing. Started work on a picturebook for preschoolers that day, so feel really good about that. A decent day as the 25th goes.

Just this month realized that not only is Christmas the 25th but so is Thanksgiving. That could mean lots of people to deal with just before and after she would be due....not thilled.

Hope is/was/whatever due December 3-6, depending on which calculator or u/s. According to conception, 12/6, but since I have to work, I'm going with 2 days earlier like how Christopher arrived two days early. So to make a long story short, sort of, 12/4 is the day I am calling the EDD. (Guess it doesn't matter which day, but I need to "go through" it.)

Finally stopped with all the leaking in mid September. Think I have my son's cold, so I feel awful...and so today I am waaaay tired, headache, etc. Blah. Teach tonight, so wish me luck as I have a very cloudy brain.

How are you doing? Your family?

Thanks again.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Gail » Oct 06, 2004 9:08 pm

Suzanne, I was just thinking of you the other day. I'm glad to hear that physically your finnaly beginning to heal. Hopefully emotionally you can begin to put back together. I think having a plan each month is a great thing. Being prepared for hard times makes it easier. Maybe you can use the support of your family and friends to help you through the holidays. Try to think of it as a good thing to have everyone around instead of a sad thing to have them there. Don't know just a thought :wink: My thought are with you as you heal.
Mom to two girls
Sydney (6-7-95)
Lauren (10-13-99)
Lost Angel (2-9-04)

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content---Bob Dylan
Gail
Opinionated HGer

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery