doing it again

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

doing it again

Postby renee » May 31, 2004 9:35 am

hey guys,
just found out that i am pregnant. i have abought two weeks to be happy and excited before the sickness will set in. we were just pregnant in the beginnining of the year and had to terminate in march because i was so sick my health was going to hell in a hand basket (iv's, tons of meds, central lines- subclavian, tpn, extreme weight loss, heart problems from electrolyte imbalance, home nursing, bedridden, vomitting non stop every 10 min. even with the meds). i feel kinda of guilty that i am pregnant so soon and a little embarassed to return to my doctor so soon but i want another child (i have a 4yr. old son). i just hope and pray i can make it through this time and am petrified to be deathly ill again even though this time i will not terminate no matter how weak i get, i will carry the whole time or die trying. so if you hear from me in a couple of weeks and i am out of my mind and desperate- please help keep me strong!
renee

doing it again

Postby stephensmam » May 31, 2004 1:02 pm

renee hi and welcome, Im so sorry that you had to terminate and ill e mail anna to tell her you are here, but i would just like to say in you post you never mnentioned steroids these were a lifesaver for me this pg (my second) has anyone mentioned using them if you would like more info on them let me know sorry if you used them the last time and they didnt work but its an alternative zofran had no effect on me t all only the steroids helped .

talk to you soon
Jacqueline x
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

doing it again

Postby stephensmam » May 31, 2004 1:02 pm

renee hi and welcome, Im so sorry that you had to terminate and ill e mail anna to tell her you are here, but i would just like to say in you post you never mnentioned steroids these were a lifesaver for me this pg (my second) has anyone mentioned using them if you would like more info on them let me know sorry if you used them the last time and they didnt work but its an alternative zofran had no effect on me t all only the steroids helped .

talk to you soon
Jacqueline x
lots of love and hugs Jacqueline
HG pg no 1 28/04/98 darling son Stephen ivs only,pnd
HG pg no 2 01/09/04 darling daughter Sarah ivs , zofran, steroids, meclizine, b6.http://lilypie.com/Kids_Birthday_code.p ... y_code.php#
stephensmam
Been There Done That

Postby anna8660 » May 31, 2004 3:09 pm

Hi
I am so sorry that this horrible drove you to terminate. I completely relate to feeling like I will lay here and die before I terminate again. I was able to have a successful pregnancy after more than one termination and the thought I put in my head was that I WILL DIE BEFORE TERMINATING AGAIN!! And I layed trhere and even on meds prepared myself to die, but luckily my husband got me to the hospital, and after a couple weeks I was able to come home and we found some meds that worked, and I even went back to work after about 11 weeks and I even had some half human days after about 20 weeks and I even had some days without vomit after about 14 weeks!

Dont be embaressed in front of your doctor, the fact that you are pregnant again simply means that you really want to have a child and ultimately you are not willing to let HG rob you of that. But let me just suggest that we get a better plan together than laying there waiting for death, what did you try last time in the way of medication?? POst it here or in the other folder for protocols I think you will get a lot of med responses there

Love and Hugs
Anna
HUGS
Anna

anna8660
Been There Done That

scared too

Postby *** » May 31, 2004 7:41 pm

I had to terminate my second HG pg in January. I've switched OB (my other had no idea how to tx HG) and I'm going for my first visit in July. She knows that I terminated a pg in Jan. so I'm a little nervous about asking about ttc again. My old OB also put in an IUD after my D and C so I'll have to ask to have that taken out.
I too feel a little guilty about wanting another baby but my dh and I have decided this is what we want.
At least this time I'll know where to come when I've had it listening to my sil saying "oh i know how you feel I was sick every three days until I was 12 weeks. :twisted:
Please help if I start to chicken out
Thanks
HUGS
Erika
Forum Moderator

Postby jjbeck » Jun 01, 2004 11:38 pm

have you tried the steroids? i had a simular exerience a few years back.
this time around i was better prepared and opted for steroids and refused picc. the steroida worked well.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby renee » Jun 03, 2004 9:11 pm

thanks so much for all the encouraging words. so far i feel okay just really tired but i am not going to complain about that. it's pretty early in the pregnancy and i suspect according to past pregnancies that sometime in the next week and a half the sickness will take hold. but for now i am just going to act like a happy pregnant woman because i will not be so happy when the hyperemesis starts. actually i am petrified about what's to come, and hope i will be able to stand my ground and complete this pregnancy. i have an apt. to see my doctor in a couple of days and hope we can start on some kind of medication plan before it gets started or out of control. my doctor is really great and aggressive so i am thankful for that ( the doctors i had with my son kept treating me like some crazy woman and never really took it seriously- i should have thrown up on them!). i was wondering what the deal is with the steriods can someone tell me and what ones did you use? with the last pregnancy i took zofran, reglan, compazine, phenergan and none of them helped. for now i have my right mind but i know that shortly everything can go to hell in a hand basket and quick. i will try to keep in touch. thanks again i know i will desperately need you guys soon. :)
renee

Postby jjbeck » Jun 03, 2004 11:52 pm

Hi Renee. my last hg pg i tried all of the usual meds too. this time around I did the steroids and they worked great. here is a link to the study:

http://www.nvp-volumes.org/p1_17.htm
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

Postby *** » Jun 04, 2004 7:19 pm

I have my appt in july for ttc again and I am going to ask about steriods if I need them.
Renee; Throwing up on the doc wouldn't have helped. I did it :twisted: during a liver palpation exam. They still didn't treat aggressivley. ooooppppssss!!!!
Good luck everyone and we will get through this together
HUGS
Erika
Forum Moderator

Postby Joci6 » Jun 15, 2004 6:50 pm

Renee-
I was just wondering how you are doing and what so far are you doing to prepare yourself!! I hope you are still doing well!!
Sandra
Joci6
Welcomed Friend

heart problems

Postby stephanie greene » Jun 16, 2004 4:57 pm

Renee,

I read that you had heart problems from an electrolyte imbalance...maybe what I experienced was not at all similar but..while I had HG I was on a PICC with IV Zofran, taking unisom and Vb6 and my heart would race! I asked a Dr who told me it was an anxiety attack. I thought that was strange because I have never had it happen other than while I was pg. Is that what you experienced? Certainly your situation could have been much more serious so I don't mean to trivialize it. I just had to ask because I have always wondered what that really was. It would wake me up at times and it was very scary.

Good luck to you, I hope you are feeling well,
Stephanie
stephanie greene
Welcomed Friend

My thoughts are with you... and me, too!

Postby GailK » Jun 23, 2004 8:02 pm

Renee,

I feel compelled to respond to your topic for two reasons:

1) Like Beth had indicated to you, steroids totally saved me during my last (and first) pregnancy. While it did nothing to abate the debilitating nausea, it broke the intense vomitting cycle. I was just about to get the feeding tubes.

2) I just found out that I'm pregnant with our second. I am 3.5 weeks into it and like you, I feel like I'm a ticking time bomb. I'm trying so hard to be proactive (grazing constantly, eating as much as I can, taking B6, etc.) My husband and I even met with our doctor to have a "proactive HG conversation".

Anyway, my thoughts are truly with you. I am still somewhat inwardly amazed that I'm choosing to do this all over again and take the risks, but my 1.5 year old daughter is all I need to see to remember what is at stake. Good luck!

**** Gail K (New Jersey)
GailK

how are all of you doing

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 29, 2004 3:34 am

Would love to hear how all of you are doing. Good? Dare I hope for good?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery