Another maybe

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Postby Ivydragon » Nov 19, 2006 12:01 pm

Wednesday we found out that the kids went to their birthfather on Wed. But, he is going to be watched closely, with an extensive list of things he has to do in order to keep the kids. Drug and alcohol urine testing, counseling, anger management classes, parenting classes, AA meetings, proof of adequate employment, and adequate housing. If he fails in any of that, he will loose the kids, too.

We have heard nothing new about the birthmom considering adoption - they are trying to get enough money to get her out of jail before the baby is born. I think the state is going to take the baby despite whether or not she is in jail. They will at least watch her like a hawk. Sibling at risk is enough in many states to take a sibling.

So, we're waiting. We feel really strongly that we need to have the house clean and organized before the end of November, decorations up for Christmas, and all Christmas shopping done. We're waiting for packages to arrive, but besides that I think we have to purchase 1 gift, and then take the kids to the $ store for their annual by everyone presents (and at the $ store it doesn't matter if everyone likes what they get, or not ;) ) I feel like I'm nesting. So, if a baby comes to us in December, we'll be as ready as we can be, within reason. If a baby doesn't come to us in December, we'll have a relaxing holiday season!

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Cheri » Nov 19, 2006 12:12 pm

Well Andy,
It sounds like there is still good reason to be prepared. Preparing for that December 1 holiday cruise will make things go easier one way or the other :). I'm trying to do that myself.

I'm excited & hope you get some good news soon!
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby Atsie » Nov 19, 2006 1:16 pm

Andy, I really hope it works out for you. And from the sounds of things, even if they don't end up with you, I hope those kids find a loving, safe and secure forever home soon. I have worked with a few kids in care and it makes me sad the way the parents keep chances at the kids expense. I am crossing my fingers that this turns your way.
:hugs:
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy