Has anyone had IVF??

Share your questions about and experiences with adoption or surrogacy pregnancy alternatives.

Moderators: Atsie, caleighbelle47

Has anyone had IVF??

Postby Traderjodie » Jul 08, 2007 9:40 am

Hello all,

Some of you may remember me. We had our third miscarriage on May 10 after suffering through a bout of what I guess would be mild HG. Our baby was 17 weeks. I was devestated. This is the second late miscarriage we have endured and the doctors have not be able to give me a definate answer as to what is causeing them. The one thing we do know is that the babies have been genetically normal so they all assume that something in my body is making it difficult for me to carry to term.

Knowing that and that I will likely suffer HG again, DH and I have decided to consider surrogacy as the way of adding to our family. My big fear at this time is that the IVF drugs will cuase HG symptoms. So I would love to hear whether this has happened to others. I don't think my family could endure me being that sick yet again.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
-Jodie
Traderjodie
Been There Done That

Postby Jenny » Jul 08, 2007 10:54 am

Bonnie is pg after IVF, so you could talk with her. So are you concerned about the month of egg retrieval? I am confused? Are you worried about the surrogate mom?
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby IslandDreamer » Jul 08, 2007 10:37 pm

(((Jodie))) Honey, Hi!

How are you holding up? Think of you so often.

I have the same questions as Jenny...egg retrieval? surrogate? Have you been to the surrogate board here? It's small but smart. :hugs: Ummm...ya, you have...there's your post...sorry.

I've read about surrogacy quite a lot lately. Not for me but out of interest in the process, pros and cons, how it impacts the children, etc.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Traderjodie » Jul 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Basically, I'm worried that the fertility drugs they will give me for the process of egg retrieval will cause hg symptoms. I don't know if I can face that again. The process is the same as for those going through IVF. So I was hoping someone here had some experience with it.

Thanks all!
-Jodie
Jodie, mommy to:
Leah, '98 (fluffy!)
Hannah, '01 (severe NVP)

My ANGELS:
Sarah, Sept, 05 (HG, loss at 16w)
Lilly, Aug, O6 (HG, loss at 9w)
Sharon, May, 07 (HG, loss at 17 weeks)
Traderjodie
Been There Done That

Postby Trubiedoos » Jul 10, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm so sorry for your losses. I have severe hg after 2 IVF's. I never experienced any hg symptoms from just the IVF meds alone. I combined lupron, follistim, menopur, ganirelix, hcg, and progesterone in oil. Even the initial hcg shot didn't cause any hg symptoms. I started getting symptoms within a few days of my first beta though (beta 273) and was full blown by 5w3d. I don't think you'd experience any hg symptoms from the stims and retrieval process, in fact, I'd bet on it!
Trubiedoos

Postby Jenny » Jul 11, 2007 2:27 am

I have taken progesterone and clomid only, but they didn't cause any real bad symptoms just sore boobs, slight headaches, and that sort of stuff.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Return to Adoption & Surrogacy