Never again

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

Never again

Postby 3kids » Feb 01, 2005 8:35 am

My journey into motherhood has been an uphill struggle from day one (DH had had a vasectomy for 7 years before we met). I have suffered terribly in TTC and have had too many losses along the way. My pregnancies have been extremely hard and my son has a lifelong battle ahead of him.

I cannot do this again, ever. This time round has been much worse than before and that is hard to comprehend as I still remember last time and it was awful. I feel like I'm in a living hell. I know come July it will all be worth it, but it is so far away.

My son means the world to me. I never thought I would ever have one child let alone two so I know I am incredibly lucky. Had it not been for the HG I would have taken a chance on a third baby and the possibilities of m/c, but I just can't do this anymore. I am so sad about it, but nothing will ever change my mind, it is too hard.

DH can't do anything permanently, having already had a vasectomy and then a reversal. I can't take hormonal BC as I have had a history of blood clots and DVT so I will either get an IUD fitted at delivery to give my body a bit of a break, or if I end up with another c-sec I'll ask (in advance) for a TL. Either way I think TL has to be the way because I am just too scared of ever being pregnant again.

I'm sad :cry:
Kelly, 30

3 m/c's

Jack, 3. HG 10w-birth
Katie, 2. HG 7w-birth
Ben, 7.5mo. HG 6w-birth

3kids
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Feb 02, 2005 10:45 pm

I'm so sorry, Kelly. HG is so unfair! The IUD may be a good choice if you're really torn about TL. Don't feel like you have to do it if you have a section this time. If you're not ready, just let it be until you have time to deal with the emotion behind the decision. I had a tubal procedure that was non-surgical, same-day when my youngest was 2 months old, and it was a great alternative for us. All the best for you; I hope July gets here quickly!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

NO More For Me

Postby mccapri1 » Feb 05, 2005 6:43 pm

:? Unfortunately I too have made this difficult decision, just this past August. This last pregnancy was horrible, and also life threatning. I had severe HG and was on a PICC line for management of the vomiting and dehydration. I got a staph infection and was hospitalized. Secondary to the infection I developed 2 blood clots near my heart and lungs. Luckily I made it through. I delivered my last baby and lived to take care of the children I already had. It was so hard for my children and husband and I am so thankful they were there for me. I had to make the promise to be there for them too. My husband and I decided it would be too risky to try again. We have 4 beautiful children, twin 7y/o boys a 13 y/o girl and the new baby. Do not feel guilty if you have made this decision, listen to your instincts. You have to be here to care for the children you have now.

God Bless

MC
mccapri1

Return to No more for me!?