It's my biggest fear

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

It's my biggest fear

Postby km976 » Apr 02, 2005 7:39 am

My biggest fear is to become prego again.

I will never go through it again.

I always thought I would have three kids, but I guess one will have to do
km976

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 02, 2005 12:43 pm

Such a scary place to be, worrying about what is supposed to be a joyous and exciting prospect. How old is your child? Have you found good long-term birth control? Even after my tubal ligation, I continue to worry about getting pregnant! I don't think that fear ever goes away for HGers. I wonder if I'll still worry each month when I'm 80? :roll: Most HGers struggle with the emotional fallout of limiting their families because of the illness, so you're in good company here. Hugs to you.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

I hear ya

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 02, 2005 11:54 pm

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to getting to know you.

I totally hear ya on the no more kids and the anxiety about pg.

PG was my greatest nightmare; then, I was pg last year at this time. I was so angry and upset. As you can see from my signature, I lost (not from HG) Hope and grieve deeply. But my longing for her does not change how upset and unhappy I was to be pg, nor does it make me long for another child. If I could get her back, I'd do anything...but nope on another pg...and I'm certain that sounds completely wacko.

For me, fear of the hospital and more medical intervention is the reason I've not had a tubal... :shock: ...hoping to get over that fear...but then at my age, menopause can't be that far away :roll: .

You are not alone in your decision or your fears.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to No more for me!?