Calling all artists!

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Calling all artists!

Postby tatteredtoo » Dec 10, 2006 11:29 am

Hey ladies, I've brought it up a couple of times that I'd like to sell products and donate the profits to HER. I've looked around at a few sites, and at the suggestion of others, have checked out Cafepress.com and it seems to be the best thus far. I've already got a shop set up, but it's not ready to start selling yet, and I still need to write a formal letter to Cafepress once I get everything ready (before anything is sold) to request that they send all profits directly to the HER Foundation each month.
In the meantime, I need some of you who have artistic abilities on the computer to submit some art for me to use on these products. If you're interested, send me a pm (or email me if you have my address) and I'll let you know how you can submit your art to me. See the sizing information and template links below to start creating. I'll also need to have a written statement from you giving me permission to use your work on these products so I'm not liable for copyright infringements.
If you have ideas for sayings or artwork that you'd like to see on a product but don't have any knowledge of how to make graphics, feel free to post your ideas here for other artists to build upon.
I'm so excited, I hope this will work out. :) If this does well once the shop is up and running, I'll see about buying a premium account in a few months.
Thanks ladies!
-Tina

--------

Sizing Information

Graphics need to be no larger than
JPG - 7 MB
or
PNG - 4 MB
as anything larger will likely timeout at upload.

You can use the following link to find templates specific to the product you'd like to use your artwork on.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/images/help_templates
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby simplekelly » Dec 10, 2006 2:10 pm

just to get people thinking....LOL.
Kelly
mama to
Jake (1-9-02) MS to wk 13
Justin (6/13/03) NO MS!
Addison (2/16/07) HG wk 8-birth
simplekelly
Devoted to You

Postby tatteredtoo » Dec 10, 2006 9:17 pm

I love that, Kelly! Where did you come up with it?

What do you guys think of, on a onesie, "Formerly known as Bump"? Ideas, ideas!

Anything goes. Artwork and sayings don't even have to be specifically HG related, as the money will go to HER irregardless, so if you like something that doesn't have anything to do with HG, but maybe still mommy or baby related, that works, too!
Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby jesspinky1 » Dec 10, 2006 9:31 pm

I have a blinky that I think would make a great shirt! I didn't make it, so it would have to be slightly altered to make it our own.

Hailey 7-23-98 HG baby
Isaiah and Malachi 3-25-03 NVP
Dominic 2-27-01 adopted
William 11-14-06 HG baby
Aaliyah 10-3-08 HG baby
jesspinky1
HG Diva

Postby simplekelly » Dec 10, 2006 9:58 pm

i was goofing off here http://www.concert-ticket-stub.txt2pic.com

i love that blinkie!
Kelly
mama to
Justin (6/13/03) NO MS!
simplekelly
Devoted to You

Postby simplekelly » Dec 10, 2006 10:09 pm

here i made a more accurate one, lmao!

Kelly
mama to
Justin (6/13/03) NO MS!
simplekelly
Devoted to You

Postby caleighbelle47 » Dec 10, 2006 10:20 pm

How about a onesie that says "Totally Worth It"
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby tatteredtoo » Dec 11, 2006 12:22 am

Jess, I like that blinkie a lot! I'm not sure if that exact one will work due to the size, but we can always make a larger one just like it (or very similar) and I think it will work out great!

Kelly, that is so funny, I love it! I think the second one is more suiting, too. :wink:

Angela, love that one, too. I already have an idea about fonts in mind (one more girly, one more boy-ish!) for that now.

I'll have to start pumping out some graphics and get them set up so I can send everyone the link with all these great ideas on the products... anticipate a week or two (or more depending on how much time I have) for the announcement! :D
Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby teddi » Dec 11, 2006 4:53 am

We gotta have one that says the typical "My mom survived HG for me!" onesie bib whatever.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby jesspinky1 » Dec 11, 2006 8:56 am

How about:

"my mom went through HG and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"
Hailey 7-23-98 HG baby
Isaiah and Malachi 3-25-03 NVP
Dominic 2-27-01 adopted
William 11-14-06 HG baby
Aaliyah 10-3-08 HG baby
jesspinky1
HG Diva

Postby RebeccaM » Dec 12, 2006 4:14 pm

How about a onesie that says "Totally Worth It"

Love it!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Natalie » Dec 14, 2006 8:53 am

I just wanted to add that I've used CafePress and had stuff shipped over here to the UK and I was really impressed with them and the quality of their stuff. We got a few bibs, some T-shirts and a onesie. The print on the onesie looks just as good as it did when we got it and it has been through the wash a lot!

I would really like to see either HG or HER mentioned somewhere on the clothes or whatever to get people asking you know? Spread the word girls!

Also, can we do mugs? Maybe we could put something like, 'No, for the billionth time drinking ginger tea / ale does not help' or something on it you know?

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby tatteredtoo » Dec 14, 2006 3:49 pm

Natalie, I'm definitely going to have products that mention HG and the ones that don't will simply be to get more money flowing into the HER Foundation. I will be pming Kimber to ask if I can use the HER logo on some of the items. Even if we can't use HER specifically, HG WILL be mentioned on many of the products, or refrences to it. I'll do my best to make asking questions about these products and bring in money to HER stay the top priorities with this project!

I was planning to do onesies, stamps (for those in the US), bibs, shirts, magnets, buttons, and many other items... there are SO many to choose from through Cafepress, and I think a mug with something like what you said is a great idea! I'm hoping that having a variety of products will give more people a choice and would be more likely to make a purchase, even if it's a small one.

I'm so relieved to hear that someone can vouch for the good quality of CafePress products!
Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby octobermomma » Dec 17, 2006 2:43 pm

:|
Last edited by octobermomma on Dec 28, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Postby Frustrated » Dec 21, 2006 12:30 am

Umm let's see (this is a great idea to use Cafe Press btw)...

"Hyperemesis Gravidarum: 'Cause morning sickness was too easy" (DH says this to me)

"Self service patient" with a picture of a PICC line and a Zofran pump

"Need a little PICC me up?" with a picture of a PICC line

I adore the avatar that Erin/Atsie uses with the little green monster hurling - he's great! Maybe use that?

"Have puke bucket, will travel"

I am going to try and draw an HG woman over the next couple of days - ready with all her goodies. If I can come up with something, I'll scan it and post it.
Beth
Our IVF miracle, DD 2007 - Severe HG (Week 6 - delivery)
Our how did this happen without needles BFP, EDD 6.15.08 Despite preemptive meds - HG is here. :(
Frustrated
Been There Done That

Postby JasmineHG » Dec 21, 2006 5:25 am

i honestly do not have the energy to be helpful right now but didn't want to hide (some old catholic guilt building). I have a degree in fine art and would love to help out--->just not too sure i can do that right now :cry: . If i get ambitious- i'm all yours. Otherwise, i am working on trying to shower 3x a week!

what about baby bibs that say something like "check out my splashback" or something like that.

or a t-shirt for HGers that says something like...this is as fluffy as it gets!
Severe HG survivor and major Colts fan!
ImageImage
JasmineHG
HG Diva

Postby tatteredtoo » Dec 21, 2006 2:20 pm

Oh Jasmine, Don't worry about it! I completely understand! I know how much you would like to help but can't right now, but I also know what a wonderful person you are and would be willing to help at any other time. You do what you can when you are ready and able. :hugs: I appreciate just the sentiment that you want to help.... thank you!
Tina
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby Proudmama » Dec 22, 2006 9:38 pm

I really want something for my little ones to wear. That would be wonderful. I will try to get creative after things settle down a bit :D . Moving, Christmas and a new job have really played havoc on my posting time :oops: .

:hugs: to all of you.
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Oh wow!

Postby christineb » Dec 29, 2006 1:18 am

Hey- Message me about this whole thing...DH and I have a cafepress shop all up and goin', (DH and I met while playing in bands that used cafepress...now we use it for the Lehigh County, Pennsylvania Libertarian Party and our homebrewing stuff, LOL) I'd love to get the HER stuff on there and handle that. for DH and I, that's a cinch of a way to help. And here I've been working on this major donation thing, when I could have taken a small step in the meantime to helping, aye yay!
I also have TONS of hook-ups with silkscreen and t-shirt places from the bands....DH and I played all over NYC and Philly, etc., his band had quite a following, so they sold lots of merch., and had several different places they dealt with for posters, postcards, tees, CD covers, etc... I could find out some sweet pricing on stuff - all kinds of stuff for later on, if we want to make more $ per tee/item for HER from the sales of merch.
Let me know, this is one area that's a snap for us!
Rockin' out thanks to reglan, during my 2nd HG pg! (in this pic)
Brianna, HG pregnancy, 5/8/99
Angelina, HG pregnancy, 10/31/02, BOO!
Lost Angel, MC, DD 7/25/06
christineb
Been There Done That

Postby Nixjem » Dec 31, 2006 11:46 am

I found this on baby-gaga.com

~Jame~
Hg 3X
Gwenevere Lyonne *Vera* 07/16/03
N. Damian 05/10/05
Harvey Jameson 04/04/07
Imogen Helene *Genie* 10/28/11 Hg Free Baby! :)
Nixjem
Been There Done That

Return to HG Awareness & Activism