What's up with ginger?

Share HG-friendly foods or simple recipe ideas.

Moderators: Cin, caleighbelle47

What's up with ginger?

Postby sarah23 » Jan 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Everyone tells me to eat ginger (these are non-HGers, obviously). Can't stand the stuff! My DH is downstairs cooking up some veggies, and it's clear to me that he's added ginger--he said it was only a little...smells caustic to me! I'm not eating it!
sarah23
Master of HG

Postby minnesotamama » Jan 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Uhhh.... supposedly Ginger calms the stomach. DH tried to get me to eat some ginger candy before.... yuk! Maybe it works on fluffies!
Brenda
minnesotamama
Master of HG

Postby caleighbelle47 » Jan 07, 2007 12:26 pm

Ginger is the one lasting aversion I have from HG and I don't think I'll ever be able to stand it again. Just the smell makes my stomach turn. I tried drinking ginger tea in the first trimester and it just made me sick. Tried the candies too and they were awful. Now I can't even stand gingerale.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby HelenA » Jan 07, 2007 6:51 pm

WHAT??? Ginger doesn't work??? :shock:

Ok, ok...lol I'm teasing :lol: , yeah I think I'll leave it a while before I try eating it again!
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 07, 2007 7:12 pm

Ginger is just nasty...even post HG for me.

Don't know why ginger, crackers, and seabands are so exciting to normals who have no clue about HG, but still these folks yammer on about ginger....ugh.

You might enjoy visiting the cracker board!
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby cheeka » Jan 09, 2007 5:10 am

Ginger is EVIL!

I tired every form of it in my first pregnancy (HG not diagnosed until 10 weeks), ginger tea, ginger biscuits, ginger ale, ginger beer, ginger tablets etc etc and now I heave at the thought of it!

I have it when people say to me "have you tried any GINGER ???", like taking a quick nip of ginger ale would be the magic cure all for the worst nausea in the world...........

At least with this pregnancy (8.5weeks) I don't have to put myself through the daily ginger ritual and can go straight to the zofran!

Cheeka
cheeka
Been There Done That

Postby BrandiJK » Jan 09, 2007 9:28 am

Angela, I am with you. My mom sucks on ginger candy all day because it calms her belly. The second I dont feels good,she's offering themtoo me. EWWWW!!!

When I was pg with Sage I forced ginger tea (fresh too) because it was my only option. Well, forced it through 2 IVs before I realized it was making me worse! YUCK! Still cant stand the stuff, I dont even like to see itin the grocery store!
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Foodments