any other unplanned pregnancies around?

A place to put all your general HG related questions, topics and comments.

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme

Is your current case (or up coming case) of HG planned?

currently ttc
23%
currently pg after ttc
32%
currently pg without a plan
45%

Total votes : 22

any other unplanned pregnancies around?

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 04, 2005 12:08 am

Here I am approaching 40 (can you see me shuddering?) and I'm pg with hg again. NOT in the plan. Wondering if anyone else is around with an uplanned pg.

I feel so especially robbed of life as there was no preparation, no clearing the calendar, and no getting ready. I did not have mental preparation or medical prep. I simply did not have the desire for a child that out weighed the desire to maintain my health and current life that so many of you who are ttc or pg after ttc possess. It just wasn't there, for whatever reason. But there I was living my life and everything just stopped...just like last year with my unplanned pg with Hope. (Yup, totally suck with birth control.) I was getting the tubal this June :shock: . I know this is adding to my depression that I am still so shocked.

Am I alone?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Atsie » Jun 04, 2005 1:21 pm

I just had my un planned HG. I was on the pill and gpt a BFP! imagine my shock!!!!!!! :shock: We were not trying , we had decided to wait another year and boom! then to top it off I had HG. I am hoping that I can prepare for the next one better!

But it turned out to be a great surprise!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby freesgirl » Jun 06, 2005 1:50 am

suzanne i am so sorry you are feeling so down hun..... i def wasn't planning either after the loss i had in oct and the loss i had in oct was unplanned as well.... the reason i didn't want to be pg is my husband was leaving for iraq jan 1 lol and lo and behold i got pg on dec 27 how pathetic huh... lol
~Crystal

08-08-02(HG whole time)

lost an angel due to miscarriage on 10-04-04

08/30/05 (HG whole time)

New Angel!!! LMP 12/14/14 so due date is around 9/20/15
freesgirl
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 06, 2005 1:50 pm

Well, the timing sure sucks for you, Crystal...I'm really sorry. But depending on how your dh is with HG, you might be better off...don't I sound awful? My pg with Chris was much easier with dh in another state...having him here and expecting help and support just gets me upset and disappointed...and then he's always crackering me somehow. That sucks.

But you did intend to have more kids? Still looking like I'm the only one around who didn't want more kids.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby pippa » Jun 14, 2005 7:01 am

I don't think you can get much more unplanned than this. :D

I had a tubal when I had my third two years ago this August, and found out I was pregnant this January. TOTAL shock, and to have HG on top of it... let's just say I haven't had the most positive thoughts about the pregnancy.

~ pippa

^i^ Baby ^i^ 4.95
Beanie 1.10.00 - severe NVP
^i^ Sprout ^i^ 6.01
Buster 3.07.02 - normal NVP
Bug 8.10.03 - normal NVP
Tattoo (One determined baby... got past a tubal ligation!) due 9.23.05 - HG for something different
pippa
Welcomed Friend

Postby IslandDreamer » Jun 15, 2005 4:09 pm

((Pippa))

Woa! Things don't get more unplanned then a baby getting around a tubal. Wow.

How are you doing?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby pippa » Jun 15, 2005 8:14 pm

I'm actually doing a lot better than I was. I've been able to taper down on the meds and only have to hit them a couple of times a week. Still have the constant nausea, but I'm back up to 6 lbs. under pre-pregnancy weight with the HG.

As far as mental well-being... it's a bit better. We found out that we were having a girl, and have been able to start planning and visualizing a little bit better than just being sick. And today is 100 days... a point I never thought I'd get to. :)

~ pippa

^i^ Baby ^i^ 4.95
Beanie 1.10.00 - severe NVP
^i^ Sprout ^i^ 6.01
Buster 3.07.02 - normal NVP
Bug 8.10.03 - normal NVP
Tattoo (One determined baby... got past a tubal ligation!) due 9.23.05 - HG for something different
pippa
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 05, 2005 11:36 pm

Lord, I hope not! :shock: My cousin and I dreamed each other's pregnancies before we knew we were pregnant, and she just dreamed of another boy for me. Ack! Let's assume that she's just crazy this time. But Reilly came, um, a bit sooner than planned. I had just made up my mind that I wanted to think about getting pregnant in another year, my husband was not even part of the negotiations yet, and I found out I was pregnant again. Shock, horror, lots of tears. We call her the "lawn mower baby" because I sat on the riding lawn mower in my husband's workshop and cried the night I told him I was pregnant. :wink: But life works itself out--I can't imagine life without her!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Guest » Sep 13, 2005 6:05 pm

Both of my girls were unplanned.. I wasnt ready at all Id wanted to be in my mid-20's before we had my oldest.... I was 20. But, I couldnt imagine life without the two of them..

Postby BrandiJK » Sep 13, 2005 6:47 pm

I am sorry your feeling down!

And, holy cow Pippa, a pregnancy after tubal? Now that's a baby determined to be born!

My second was unplanned. I had no intention of having another baby ever again, and hardly knew dh, the a dp. It was very stressful. Luckly the HG Fairy dropped only a mild HG on me, and then I had Brigit who is just amazingly wonderful. I never knew a baby could be so easy and rewarding, as my first (I love her, but back then she made me nuts) was so hard I cried myself to sleep (for my usual 3 hours) everynight. I was PETRIFIED before Brigit was born, on so many levels. I had no idea how I was going to survive it.

I am sorry dh is crackering you. Second was hard with dh because he'd never experianced HG, no parenting at all. Mild HG or not, it's never easy. he didn't know how to deal with the IVs, the food adversion, he was upset that he couldn't go hunting around my due date ... I just wanted to kill him sometimes. He's a bit easier this time, partly because it's his second time around, and partly because HG is harder and it's pretty obvious how sick I am. But he's still a cracker butt pretty often. I try to get him to just take the kids and leave me alone, but of course he feels like that is abandoning me. Too bad to, because I'd like that more then anything. LOL
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Return to Polls & General HG Questions