After baby weight gain

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

After baby weight gain

Postby heatherdockery » May 09, 2013 9:38 pm

After my now 2yr old stopped bfing at about 6 1/2 months I gained a lot of weight, and it continued even through lifestyle changes. It was not until about 11/2012 that I began to loose. I also experienced mood swings like crazy, and family thought it was due to hormones. Has anyone else had the same experience of excessive weight gain and out of control hormones? I'd like to know if it's connected.
heatherdockery

Re: After baby weight gain

Postby jarezuny » May 10, 2013 8:15 am

I feel like my hormones and metabolism and totally messed up, too. I am pretty moody, I suppose, and I now have breakouts on my chin on a monthly basis, which I have never had before. And although I have only gained a little bit of weight, NOTHING I do seems to budge it -- super-healthy diet and daily workouts do nothing. It's very frustrating. It seems logical to me that the problems with food and hormones during HG can carry over past pregnancy, but that's just from my personal experience.
-Jessica

Mom to Ewan (9/27/02) and Laren (9/03/09)
jarezuny
HG Expert

Re: After baby weight gain

Postby leahmsilverman » May 10, 2013 9:03 am

I've experienced weight gain and hormone craziness after both of my first two. I'm expecting this time around as well. With my first, I felt really out of control (with both weight and moods) for the first 11 months or so. With my 2nd it was more like 14 months before I felt like things started to stabilize and I started losing weight again. Its really bizarre to lose weight during pregnancy and then gain a bunch after, right?
DS 12/22/08, hg from 10wks to birth
DS 09/15/10, hg from 6wks to birth
DS due in 08/2013, hg from 4wks to birth

Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)
leahmsilverman
Been There Done That

Return to Ask the Administrators