Multiples or High Risk Forum?

We're open to suggestions and questions for the forums.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Multiples or High Risk Forum?

Postby teddi » Sep 10, 2004 8:21 pm

Perhaps a forum for a multiple pregancy (or possibly including "high risk" gals too)? It brings up special risks, thoughts and emotions, and stress ON TOP of good old regular HG. There's also not much info on the web about multiples and living with HG. Everywhere I look it's the same TWO sentence long themes. Women with twins are more likely to get HG (and it may be more severe) and that it's important to gain EXTRA weight. And that's ALL the info. I'm feeling kind of lonely here on the HG boards. It'd be really nice to have other's stories to read from or who might occassionally be able to answer questions. Ironically, the HG I'm feeling like an expert on....but the twins part I am definately not!
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

TWINS and HG

Postby Hotbrass » Sep 20, 2004 8:58 pm

I have had the crazy thought that if I could TRY for a multiple birth that I could have more kids (we want to have a couple more) with reduced time suffering with HG. I have been trying to find any info on the subject of increasing fertility in hopes of a multiple birth for the medical reason of HG (rather than infertility) Do you have iny info or experience? thanks Mtpure
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

intentional multiple pregnancy

Postby teddi » Sep 21, 2004 6:02 pm

Outside of using the fertility drugs to stimulate ovulation of multiple eggs.... I don't know of any "natural" ways to try and get multiples. This was entirely nature's doing for me. I have a family history of twins/multiples but never hoped for a double pregnancy. Not that I DON'T WANT twins, in a way I am grateful for the two (because this will be my last pregnancy!!! No more HG!!), but my God....I am very concerned these babies will come very early because I am such a small person I barely managed enough room for my son (I carried very small).

I did read in this book "Having Twins" that there are several *possible/theoretical* factors that naturally lead to twins- being older (older women tend to double ovulate at higher rates), being sexually active after abstaining a while (the theory being that this may again stimulate extra ovulation).

Best of luck with any future pregnancies!
Teddi
~Angel babe~ March 2012
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Ivydragon » Jan 15, 2005 9:19 pm

Teddi,

How many HGers are on the board currently w/ twins? I've known one at the HuGS forum and she unfortunately miscarried at only 6 or 8 weeks. You know, it might be worthwhile making an HG twins forum just for that next HGer pg w/ twins who comes along. I'll consider it. I'll be doing some other forum changes, too.

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby teddi » Jan 25, 2005 3:17 am

Andy,

If you do decided to do a multiples forum I would be interested in moderating. For the forseeable future I will be at home w/my girls so I can check in daily generally. I thought perhaps a "high risk" forum also- like those w/Pre-E or gestational diabetes, etc? Just thinking about it- I've now got some experience in dealing with the NICU as well as other complications (HELLP/Toxemia, Cholecystitis & Lap Choley, Pancreatitis, A CMV infection, Air Embolism from my PICC line, Low AFI . . . etc). *And my husband wants to know if I might do this again???? Aye !

Anyhow, I'm certainly not an expert on twins yet, but I have found some good resources, and HG w/twins makes for an even more challenging pregnancy/delivery which is why I think that may be a helpful forum.

Just let me know or if you still need more moderators.
Teddi
~Angel babe~ March 2012
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Kschwintz » Mar 18, 2005 10:48 pm

Hey Ladies,

I am just catching up... I am WAY behind... I also had HG, Preeclampsia, HELLP syndrome, preemie, post-partum flare of preeclampsia and last but not least, lasting kidney damage from the pregnancy from hell.

Anyway... Andy and I had talked about a "high-risk" forum long ago, and we decided to keep a careful watch out on the third trimester gals.. If you notice, if someone mentions swelling, bp, or anything, I'm all over them, asking what their symptoms are. :shock:

If you ladies would help me keep an eye out on those 3rd trimesters women, it would be great!!!

You can always email me at kim@preeclampsia.org as well!
Take care!!
Kim
*Ainsley (11-26-02) born at 36 weeks Severe HG, Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome
Kschwintz
Been There Done That

Return to Ask the Administrators