I'm so glad you have taken on HG.

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

I'm so glad you have taken on HG.

Postby otiam » Feb 26, 2007 9:28 am

Dr. Phil,

Thank you so much for talking about HG in your upcoming taping on March 1st. I wish I could be there but unfortunately I am unable to get a ticket and fly out there right now. But I wanted to say thank you and I can not wait for the show to air.

I have a 4 1/2 year old daughter who by all means is my little miracle. My pregnancy was so exciting in the first two weeks. We were so happy and could not wait to tell the world. We visited my father in Arizona and gave him the news and we all celebrated that weekend with food and laughter....then we came home and my world turned upside down.

It all started with just a little "morning" sickness around dinner time. If I came home and just ate and no one talked to me I could get my food down....then I started vomitting after dinner. Within a few weeks I was unable to keep anything down. I was a frequent flyer to the OB unit at our hospital getting IV fluids every other day. Finally by 16 weeks I was hospitalized, had a picc line placed and put on TPN for nutrition. Finally by week 20 I was at least not vomittig anymore.

Being that sick just awful when it is supposed to be the happiest moment of your life. My husband, my family, no one knew what to do. At one point I had a Zofran pump that would give me continueous Zofran to help with the nausea. I was os sick I could not do my own needle changes so my mother had to drive to my home every other day to change the catheter. It was not fun for any of us.

I really appreciate you for doing this show. Any little bit of information that gets out their is helpful. Imagine....you become sick while pregnant and your doctor does not even know about hyperemesis....they do not know how to treat you and they just keep telling you to eat more crackers....etc... This has happened to many women around the US and that is why this website has been such a blessing. I was fortunate to have a young doctor who learned about this on her residency. She was wonderful and I am so thankful for her as well. The HER Foundation is the best thing we have to get us through. I found it by search engine when I was sick....someone at the hospital told me to try to find info on Hyperemesis for her since she didn't have a computer.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Amber Donovan
Waukesha, WI

Daugther is now 4 1/2 going to be 5 in June.

[/img]
1 time HG survivor
Hannah 6/17/02
otiam

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil