HG

The HER foundation contributed letters from our forums members for a show that featured Hyperemesis as a topic. The show aired in April of 2007.

Moderator: annmarie

HG

Postby octobermomma » Feb 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Dr. Phil,

Thank you for taking on the challenge of exposing this terrible disease. I am unable to attend the taping of this show because I am in the midst of HG for the third time. In addition to my first two HG pregnancies I have also lost two precious angels. I am still battling this disease and hoping to deliver my third HG baby around April 18th of this year.

I live in an area where HG is not talked about and my doctors honestly have very little experience with it. They do not truly know how to treat it and are afraid to give me the agressive treatment that I have needed. So, I suffer. I have lost 16 pounds with this pregnancy and have been on the maximum dosage of Zofran for the majority of the pregnancy. Sixteen pounds my not sound like a lot, but I am only 5'1" and weighed 130 pounds to begin with. My previous HG pregnancies were very similar. I have learned a lot though.

With my first, I thought this was how it was supposed to be. I didn't know any better and had very little information avaiable to me. With the second, and now the third, I've gotten more knowledgable about the disease and treatment options. I've also gotten more frustrated because the treatments and information is not easily obtained and I have suffered for it and my unborn child is suffering for it.

Thank you for getting the word out to the many women who are suffering in silence because they have physicians who do not know or do not understand what this disease is. Thank you for showing our stories. I hope that because of the awareness your show will bring to this disease, that another woman will not have to leave a doctor's office crying because she was told that this is all in her head and that she must not really want the child she was carrying and desperately praying for as I have had to deal with personally.

Again, thank you!

Sincerely,

Kelly Miller
~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Return to Letters to Dr. Phil