Oh Ladies

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Oh Ladies

Postby dwtegli » Jan 24, 2007 10:14 pm

I know this is a huge longshot, but would any of you UK ladies happen to know a woman by the name of Joan Airey?

My mom used to have a penpal that age when she was a young girl, and I thought what a shock it would be if someone knew her and could put her back in touch with her after all these years. So I thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby HelenA » Jan 27, 2007 3:44 am

I don't know her, but leave it with me..I'll see if I can track her down, do you know the last place she lived? Well the area?
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby dwtegli » Jan 29, 2007 10:27 pm

All I know is that it was around London, but that was somewhere around 45 years ago. As I said, this was my mother's pen pal and she just turned 60. She hasn't heard from her in years.

Thanks Helen,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby cheeka » Jan 29, 2007 10:52 pm

Have you tried a search on the friends reunited website? If you have any idea where she might have gone to school, or which street she lived on or where she has worked they have contact lists of people that might be able to help.

I have used it to get back in touch with some old uni friends, so it might just come in handy.

Good luck on your search!

Cheeka
cheeka
Been There Done That

Postby Natalie » Jan 30, 2007 3:35 am

Hi Wendy,

Actually I did a search on Friends Reunited for you the other day but nothing came up on a name search. Is her surname definitely spelt correctly??? Just checking....

Hope you find her!

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby HelenA » Jan 30, 2007 9:36 am

I checked FU also but without an area, I couldn't get anything. I have one last trick up my sleeve, but it's looking doubtful with the limited info we have.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby dwtegli » Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks ladies, I will try and pry more information out of my mom. See if she can remember anything else.

I'll keep you posted.
Wendy,
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Return to UK Mothers