Phenergan OTC in uk!

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Phenergan OTC in uk!

Postby UKmommy » Jul 30, 2005 8:58 am

Hi for all you americans living in the UK or just UKers, Phenergan is over the counter over here! Yes, to my great and lovely surprise, just as I found out I was preggers over here, I noticed Ph behind the counter and used it from day one, I am sure that is what alleviated my HG in second pregnancy over here. Took too many of them and was out of it all the time but I only threw up when I was awake!

1 NON hg pregnancy, Dusty, 16 years old
2 Severe Hg pregnancy, loss
3 Mild HG pregnancy Josh, 6 years old

Preg with twins due Feb 2011. Fluffy pregnancy !!!
UKmommy
Been There Done That

Postby bibliojo » Aug 02, 2005 11:31 pm

Wow! I'm sure this info will help someone...

It's ridiculous how one country approves something for over the counter and another one doesn't eh?

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby HelenA » Aug 30, 2005 12:54 pm

Yes I got phenergan OTC until my dr finally gave me some. Some chemists have Avomine which is the same thing. I went to one pharmacy and asked for phenergan and they told me they don't have that name but Avomine is the same thing.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to UK Mothers