hi all am new in the uk xx

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

hi all am new in the uk xx

Postby Rachyloulouxx » Nov 02, 2010 3:45 pm

hi all just thought i would stop by and say hi. i am 15weeks pregnant and suffering with hg i have been in hospital 3 times this month already does anyone know when this will end as i have had enough and don't know how much more i can take of this. i have so much admiration for all you other hg's out there i just hope i can be as strong as some of you xxxx
Rachyloulouxx

Postby SCUK » Nov 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Rachyloulou,

Firstly welcome to the Forums, I am glad you have found this site!

At your stage I had also been hospitalised 3 times, but wanted to give you hope that my HG started to improve at 16/17 weeks for me and I have started to be able to function again. From reading the forums HG ladies generally start to feel a bit better by 20 weeks, however some unfortunatley have it all the way through, but please continue to read the boards, and hopefully the ladies stories will inspire you to hang in there hun. You have got so far already (((hugs))) and hopefully it will improve soon.

Are you on meds? Are they helping?

S x
SCUK
Welcomed Friend

Postby Rachyloulouxx » Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

thank you i hope it does start to calm down now. i am on cyclizine which do nothing unless they are through the iv so at the moment i start to vomit and that gets worse i cannot even hold down sips of water. i end up in hospital on iv then i don't even get home and the hg is off again i am trying to stay strong and positive but its hard xx nothing is working xx have tried other anti sickness tabs too
Rachyloulouxx

Postby JulianaHG » Nov 03, 2010 4:09 am

xxx
Last edited by JulianaHG on Jul 02, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JulianaHG
Opinionated HGer

Postby SCUK » Nov 03, 2010 7:58 am

Rachyloulou,

It is so hard to stay strong and positive, going through what you are hun! Just try and take it an hour, day at a time etc.

I agree with darts to request something stronger than cyclizine. Last time I was in hospital I insisted cyclizine had stopped working for me, so they tried a few others and I finally got a combination that started to work. Also dont allow them to discharge you too early, as I found the hospital had a tendancy to want to discharge me quickly once the IVs were done, but as you said you need the meds to work orally if that's what they are sending you home with, otherwise you will just be back and forth. Oh it fustrates me that they dont seem to have any common sense!

Where in the UK are you from?

Thinking of you.
Take care, S x
SCUK
Welcomed Friend

Postby angielizzy » Nov 06, 2010 5:18 pm

there are lots more options than cyclizine and you may need a comblination of several. my hg started to get better after about 16 week but i would have never belived it at 15 weeks with my dd and i was back in hospital again iv cyclizine stoped it and i went home only to go back in a few days later.
with ds steroids were a bit of a miracal cure but i only got put on them cos nothing was working even by iv. I tryed loads of thing so i know there are lots of options
2X HG
Sophie Nov 2005
Joshua Jan 2010
angielizzy
Been There Done That

Postby Rachyloulouxx » Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

hi all thank you for your kind words after a few more hospital visits an argument with a consultant and an allergic reaction i am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.... i am now on stemitil tablets which fingers crossed seem to bee working i can now eat little bits of food i still have the odd bad day but there are more good days now... i am from birmingham i thought i would just say thank you too you all for your kind words they really do help xxxx
Rachyloulouxx

Postby SCUK » Nov 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi Rachyloulou,

Its good to hear from you again. I am so pleased you are now on meds that seem to be helping you and are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope you continue to have more and more good days.

Remember we are here if you need us.

S x

PS I used to live in Birmingham!
SCUK
Welcomed Friend

Return to UK Mothers