Suffering from HG whilst waiting for termination.

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

Suffering from HG whilst waiting for termination.

Postby happyforhelp » Apr 11, 2014 11:48 am

Feel bad posting on here as some people probably think it doesn't count, but I just need to vent so much and say it's such a relief to find this forum and know I'm not alone.

I'm almost 20 and finding out I was pregnant was a shock. I knew I couldn't keep a baby now, but it was a tough decision. I started suffering at around 5 weeks and have been in hospital twice since then for urine, bloods and IV fluids. I had very high keytones and had been throwing up constantly and was nauseous 24/7. There was no relief and I honestly wanted to die. I was on Zofran and another drug which didn't make a difference, and am now on 5mg Stemetil three times a day. It seems to take the edge off but still getting spells of being sick and nauseous.

I'm scheduled for my initial appointment on Monday and hope to have a surgical termination as I can't take two or three days of vomiting/diarrhoea etc.

Sorry for my story/rant, I'm not sure I expect any replies but it just feels good to speak out. I keep forgetting I'm actually pregnant as I'm constantly feeling sick and tired. Just sitting up is an effort.
happyforhelp

Re: Suffering from HG whilst waiting for termination.

Postby DebbieS » Apr 25, 2014 3:58 am

Sorry that this is happening to you. Know that whatever you decide, you can use this place for support. Whether it's for healing & a safe place to talk after a termination, getting help whilst having HG, or later on preparing for a future pregnancy we are here for you. You aren't alone. Many here have had terminations or have desparately wanted one. Many have used this site to find hope again. (Hugs)
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Postby DebbieS » Apr 25, 2014 4:11 am

I also wanted to add - only make a decision when hydrated. Dehydration makes everything seem completely hopeless. Get extra IV hydration first.
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Postby c600 » Nov 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Have you tried taking b6 and ginger supplements along with the your medication? My medication on it's own only took the edge off and my nausea still impacted me, but then I began b6 and ginger supplements, and now I feel pretty much normal. I take metaclopromide 3 times a day. I take 550mg of ginger 2x a day. In the morning I take 50mg of vitamin b6 and in the evening I take a health food syrup that contains 26mg of b6 as well as lots of other good things, however, you can just take b6 on it's own. I now only get sick when I am standing still for long periods or have lifted something heavy (my toddler) and it goes away as soon as I sit down or stop lifting.
c600

Return to UK Mothers