how long did hg in second pregnancy last xx

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in the UK to discuss HG and pregnancy. Each part of the world has unique health care systems and challenges. We hope this helps you connect with others who can be the best support for you! Don't forget - we always welcome your participation in our online research and your help as a volunteer or by submitting a HG-friendly doctor/consultant.

Moderators: Natalie, Moderators

how long did hg in second pregnancy last xx

Postby Rachyloulouxx » May 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi all I am 14 weeks pregnant with baby no2 ...I have been suffering with hg for many weeks now. At first it seemed to be worse than the first time round and no tablets were working ....I have had a few hospital visits with the drip another allergic reaction to cyclizine ....so now I am on the only one that seems to be working metrochlopromide so fingers crossed I am starting to get a bit better....I was just wondering how long did it go on for with people who have had a second pregnancy with hg....because I am feeling so guilty and useless as I can't do anything without being or feeling sick xx
Rachyloulouxx

Re: how long did hg in second pregnancy last xx

Postby Threesacharm » May 11, 2015 2:04 am

I'm not a UK mom but I'll answer :)

My HG hung around in some form until delivery. I was very ill until midway through my second tri. After that I was doing pretty well but still had a hard time staying hydrated and became exhausted easily. I was okay most days. I still had my meds on standby just in case I had a bad day. This is my third pg and the hg has been MUCH easier. I felt the greatest difference around 20 weeks. I never needed home health or a PICC like I did in prior pregnancies. I still have my meds but am taking a lighter dose of everything. I hope things start looking up for you really soon. I think the 1st tri is the hardest.

***You may want to post in the more general forums like 1st trimester too. Sometimes the boards get slow and people don't scroll this far. I don't want you to be overlooked. Good luck! ***
Threesacharm
Been There Done That

Postby hayleywhite88 » Jun 24, 2015 10:22 am

I'm currently on my 4th pregnancy and just like the last three the HG has returned. I should be an expert at this but I'm still finding it a horrible depressing time and only at 8 weeks. Latest doctor made me feel silly and stupid and didn't listen to me at all. I tryed everything and did so in last pregnancies and nothing worked no drugs no sick bands. I thought hg was more talked about and helped but it not. In ever pregnancy my hg has lasted right up until I have baby and it is scaring me already.i also had a prem baby and worried that the HG will cause problems later on.
hayleywhite88

Postby Threesacharm » Jun 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Are you able to switch doctors?
Threesacharm
Been There Done That

Return to UK Mothers