Post HG teeth issues - and a little getting to know u maybe?

Welcome to a special place for mothers who live in Australia and NZ to discuss HG and pregnancy.

Moderators: Trudy, Roni84, Moderators

Post HG teeth issues - and a little getting to know u maybe?

Postby Roni84 » Apr 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi all,
Well the Aussie/NZ section is new and I am post HG so thought I would introduce myself...
I'm Veronica (Roni), from South East Victoria with 2 boodiful little HG co-survivors, 4 and 1.

Soooo My post HG rant is all about TEETH. Before HG, in fact before my last pregnancy, my teeth were always really good. Barely ever had an issue. NOW it's like some sick twisted game to see how many cavities I can possibly get in the shortest amount of time. I know it's clearly directly related to HG - being malnourished and de-minieralised, vomiting bile and all the other fun stuff. But OMG whyyyyyY!!!!!

I have a dentist appointment this afternoon, and the dentist is one my most hated placed to be, but after 2 nights of barely any sleep I am looking forward to a plan of action....

End rant!
Hope we get good use out of the Aussie/NZ section of the forum :)
DD1 - HG until birth however manageable from weeks 20 to 37. Birth at 43w and instant relief
DD2 - HG until birth slightly manageable between weeks 24 and 34. Birth at 41w5d with residual sickness

"You never know how strong you are until the only choice you have it to be strong"
"My love for you is a journey, starting at forever, ending at never"
Roni84

Re: Post HG teeth issues - and a little getting to know u ma

Postby Amy83 » Apr 23, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi Roni,

My names Amy
I'm from Melbourne
Teeth are a commen problem even for normal pregnancies we just get
It worse due to vomit decay.
I'm off to the dentist in a few weeks after 1 pregnancy.
I know they have been battered in there.
Hope all goes well for you!
Xoxo
Amy83

Re: Post HG teeth issues - and a little getting to know u ma

Postby Roni84 » Apr 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Well hello again :)
The dentist was... Eugh!!!
I have a wisdom tooth extraction booked for Friday. Then we are going to see if we can save one of my molars and have quite a few cavities to be fixed up. I still dislike dentists but am excited about getting rid of this pain!!
Xx
DD1 - HG until birth however manageable from weeks 20 to 37. Birth at 43w and instant relief
DD2 - HG until birth slightly manageable between weeks 24 and 34. Birth at 41w5d with residual sickness

"You never know how strong you are until the only choice you have it to be strong"
"My love for you is a journey, starting at forever, ending at never"
Roni84

Return to Aussie/NZ Mothers