any ideas for help with a plane ride?

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

any ideas for help with a plane ride?

Postby yankee » Sep 16, 2004 8:23 pm

Im 17 wks and im flying from new york to florida next week.... im already taking zofran and unisom does any have any advice to avoid air sickness? i already had a weak stomach, the hg doesnt help, but i cannt get around making this trip. any suggestions would be much appreciated! thanks!
yankee

Postby Gail » Sep 17, 2004 8:17 am

I'm not sure if this would help- but what about chewing gum? I chewed it non-stop this last pg. I chewed trident b/c it's suger free (better for the teeth and not to sweet) and the original flavor is not to strong. It gave me something else to think about other then the hg. Also what about those sea-bands?
Mom to two girls
Sydney (6-7-95)
Lauren (10-13-99)
Lost Angel (2-9-04)

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content---Bob Dylan
Gail
Opinionated HGer

Dramamine

Postby ashleymoore65 » Sep 17, 2004 8:35 pm

You can take Dramamine... it will knock you out and make the trip shorter! I did this during my first pregnancy!
Pregnant with #3. Praying for healthy baby abd live birth! Mommy to son Greyson- born 8/19/01, baby Moore lost at 15 weeks 3/09/04 and Mommy to Grant 6/29/ 2005. Severe HG with all 3 pregnancies. TPN, PICC, Zofran Pump, Hospitalization, Home Health Care, you know the drill!
ashleymoore65

Postby MamaLily » Sep 18, 2004 9:45 pm

Another good idea would be meclizine - an over-the-counter medicine used for motion sickness. And a great choice for HGers to use in fighting nausea.

Good luck...hope it goes smoothly!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to Second Trimester HG