18wk and HG rearing its ugly head again (m)

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

18wk and HG rearing its ugly head again (m)

Postby kitty_doc » Sep 18, 2004 10:37 pm

I had been feeling pretty well for the last two weeks--just taking my B6, Zantac, Unisom at bed and one 8mg Zofran mid-day. Well, the last two days I have felt horrible and feel like I need to go back on Zofran twice a day--nausea is all day again and while I am eating, everything smells bad again and I am beyond tired. Why does this happen--just when you think you are ready to go med-free, you get this hideous reminder of what pg is all about for HG moms.....

Oh, and I found out this week at my level II that I am having my fourth daughter :shock: . I felt sure this was my boy, but it is not meant to be and this WILL be my last pg! She is healthy and measured big for dates, so she is not suffering the way her mom is! I will be 39 when I deliver, so I am grateful for a healthy baby.

Sorry to whine--just know that this is where someone understands....
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

Postby DeColeCody » Sep 19, 2004 8:59 am

Congratualtions on the fourth wedding... Kidding! Glad to see the baby is healthy! At leat you will someday have son in laws! So I guess this can pop back up at anytime. Have you started to gain weight? Do you look PG yet? I am only 14 weeks but am wondering when the baby is going to start making the mommy gain some weight and look prego...

You are almost half way there!
DeCole Cody
Suffering in Dallas
Zofran Pump
Reglan - caused depression with pump
Phenergan Suppositories
DeColeCody
Welcomed Friend

Postby kitty_doc » Sep 19, 2004 12:15 pm

I look a "little" pg...depending on what I am wearing. I can no longer wear my regular pants--they keep slipping down off my belly like a man with a beer belly! I have gained 5 pounds over ppg weight--I never did lose weight this time--just didn't gain until the last 4 weeks. If you didn't know I was pg and I wear baggy clothes, you still can't tell and this is my 4th pg! I am sure that will change in the next couple of weeks. My baby weighed in at 10oz at her 18wk U/S, so she is growing well and measured 1/2 to 1 week ahead in size, so I am happy about that. This has been my least offensive HG pg, so I feel better than I usually would at this point, but it is getting so old! You will start looking pg soon and then it will feel more worth it! Hang in there....
Julie aka Kitty Doc
Rebecca 5/17/88 mod HG 22wks
Jessica 5/24/91 mod HG 18wks
Kathryn 5/2/02 severe HG 34wks
Olivia EDD 2/14/05 mod HG from 7wks to now
kitty_doc
Welcomed Friend

Postby heather in italy » Sep 20, 2004 2:20 am

I'm sorry to hear that your HG is getting worse again. I am currently at 26 weeks and if I remember right I started to get a little better around weeks 15 and 16 only to have the HG reappear again in week 17. It is very frustrating. I was told by many others on this sight that that is a normal progression of HG for many women. Hang in there you are in my thoughts and prayers.
heather in italy

Postby MamaLily » Sep 20, 2004 5:04 pm

Julie -

I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing so well lately. Hopefully adding the zofran back will help!

Congrats on your 4th girl!

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby halgal427 » Sep 21, 2004 3:13 pm

hey julie,
i'm sorry to hear that you not feeling well again. that is so frustrating. congrats on you baby girl. i am having my 4th as well and think it will girl but we are going to wait to find out. i have 3 girls now and like you, just happy with a healthy baby. hope you feel better soon,
kim
edd 3-9-05
haley 4-27-96
devyn 11-20-99
isabelle 12-30-02
halgal427
Welcomed Friend

Return to Second Trimester HG