Depression

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Depression

Postby Britotheknee » Oct 01, 2013 12:41 pm

I am 9 weeks post delivery now I can't seem to shake these baby blues I feel so isolated so lonely I find myself crying everyday I LOVE my baby cherish her she is such a happy baby and my 2 yr old loves her to death but I can't seem to shake this feeling. My pregnancy was a horrible and complicated one lost 40 lbs and 0 gain from that loss through the pregnancy, hg so horrible that I was put on Iv's numerous times the vomiting caused my placenta to tear and my gallbladder to get infected so badly I had to have it removed at 16 weeks pregnant plus had gestational diabetes on top of it all. I was able to stick out the pregnancy until 36 weeks and the baby came early she was as healthy and perfect as could be so why am I still so depressed.. I survived two pregnancies now that's something to celebrate. I don't know if it's postpartum depression or PTSD. I am tired of being sad everyday and feeling like I need to escape constantly.
Britotheknee

Re: Depression

Postby ShannonD » Oct 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Sounds like you need to talk with you Doctor. I'm not sure if it's PTSD or PPD, but you know enough that you shouldn't be feeling like this. Get help through counseling & possibly medications.
Congrats on a healthy baby! Now you just need to get some help for you so you can fully enjoy your wonderful family :)
Owen - 2008/09/06 - HG 5 wks until delivery, untreated/diagnosed until 18wks, multiple IV's & Zofran, lost 55lbs
DS - Due Date 2014/03/12 - HG 5-22wks, multiple IV's, Zofran & Acupuncture, lost 35lbs. Medicated Fluffy 22-32wks. HG started back up at 32wks :(
ShannonD
Been There Done That

Postby johnzheng » Oct 21, 2013 5:59 am

Suffering loss, crisis or abuse brings on emotional turmoil. If this emotional turmoil is not properly worked through, that pain, grief, anger and bitterness can well up and cause depression. Depression can also have physical symptoms. Lethargy and tiredness are common indicators, as is a loss of appetite or an increase in the use of tobacco, drugs or alcohol. More seriously, some sufferers have the desire to self-harm or have suicidal thoughts. This is why proper therapy is key in dealing with emotional pain causing depression.
johnzheng

Postby Schatje » Oct 31, 2013 12:24 am

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Baby blues is short, lasting a few days or weeks, but depression is much more pervasive. Have you been feeling this way since the birth? Have you ever had issues with depression or anxiety before?

You have been through a lot both physically and mentally. Consider that HG leaves us chronically ill and miserable for months on top of having to deal with the usual hormonal changes of pregnancy and the postpartum period, and all the misunderstanding by those who don't "get" HG, that is amplified by the disappointment and loss of not getting to have the pregnancy experience that those people talk about. Don't worry about how you or anyone else thinks you are supposed to feel right now or think you need to even try and justify it and being depressed doesn't mean you aren't also thankful for surviving 2 HG pregnancies or having 2 wonderful kids. Please talk to your doctor and get some help.
~Heidi 2X HG survivor
Schatje
Forum Moderator

Postby Medicationforyou » Nov 02, 2015 5:18 am

Congrats for your healthy baby!! Happy for you :) But seriously need help, am sure this is PPD and the best way to recover form this is practicing yoga. To over overcome PPD takes a long time. you need to be confident and be positive. This is related to Anxiety and depression problem. Please make sure you have been medically diagnosed for PPD. You have a Good days ahead. Keep smiling :)
Medicationforyou

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG