Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click away...

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 28, 2006 9:00 pm

Utah buddy, coming up! I sort of mangled your post--sorry. I was going to give it its own thread, but then I saw you HAD another thread, so then I moved this back here... LOL I'll leave your post alone now and reply to your thread. I'm glad you found us! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby NurseLiz » Dec 04, 2006 9:25 pm

Hello-
I thought that I posted once befor about seeing if there might be a buddy for me but--
Since i never heard I thought I'd ask again!! :D Having Hg has been very sad untill I found this wounderful place- but still might like a buddy if there is one!! Thanks so much-
Liz
NurseLiz
Devoted to You

Postby PamelaRose » Dec 05, 2006 5:26 pm

I will make sure someone gets in touch with you, Liz. Keep reminding me, ladies! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

HG

Postby Azrielle » Dec 14, 2006 10:57 am

Hi
I am new to the site and have had very bad few weeks-still suffering and just out of hospital-feel very sick and upset. Would love to know if anoyone available to email etc in ireland.

Thanks
Az
Azrielle

i want an buddy!

Postby stephrock4 » Jan 03, 2007 11:11 pm

I am 15.5 weeks along with #2, HG with both..I'd love a buddy. I'm currently in rural southwest minnesota. Anyone for around here or Denver(where we just moved from and are moving back to sometime) would be great.

Thank you,
Steph
stephrock4

Postby minnesotamama » Jan 03, 2007 11:27 pm

Steph,

GHcinder is from Denver, so you could maybe talk to her. I am in Minnesota, twin cities area and can chat when you need to. There are quite a few of us from Minnesota and the ladies are all great! Sorry you have to join us here, but welcome!
Brenda
minnesotamama
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Jan 04, 2007 11:53 pm

Ok, I'm holding my breath here... WHERE IN RURAL SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA? lol I'm near Redwood Falls, and so far all the other MN ladies have been from the fabled Metro. SOOOOOOO nice to have another "outstate" girl, even if you're further away from me than they are. :D Oh, and I'm happy to line you up with a buddy, and I think Brenda would be a great support. Glad you found us!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

New to HER - Located in Mississippi

Postby bunintheoven0619 » Jan 10, 2007 6:22 pm

My name is Jessica. I was referred to HER by Brenda (minnesotamama) through our birthboard at babycenter.com. I was not aware of your site but it is a godsend. I had HG with my first pg that last the entire time. It was a daily struggle. My son was born 4 weeks early as a result (8-9-05). He is now a happy,healthy 17 month old. My doctor at the time told me the chances of me being that sick again was 10-15 percent.

In our desire for a family, I became pg again this past October. I was sick beginning at 5 weeks. My ob couldn't believe it. I seem worse this time around. As I sit here and type, I am hooked up to an i.v. at home and am waiting on the home health nurse to get the Reglan pump set up. ed. I have been in the hospital 4 times and the last time I was taken by ambulance because I collapsed at my husbands office. When I came to, I was told I had been in preterm labor until they gave me fluids. The medications I currently take are Phenergan, Reglan, Compazine, Zofran, and Prevacid. They provide some relief to varying degrees but never totally. I have hopes that the pump will provide me with some relief so that I begin to function normally.

I would love a buddy. I am located in Brandon, Mississippi. I'm originally from VA but my husbands job transfer brought us here last year. I don't know many people and me being so sick, compounds how lonely I feel. I desperately want to be able to do normal things such as clean my own house (which is currently a disaster), play with my son, and meet new people since I have not had the opportunity to make friends since I've been here.

Again - A big thanks to Minnesotamama for helping me find a place where I can feel like I'm understood. :hugs:
Jessica
Mom to:
Cameron 8-9-05
Lil Peanut 06-19-07
bunintheoven0619

Postby PamelaRose » Jan 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Welcome, Jessica. I'm going to have to ask you to plug your ears because when Lisa hears you're right in her neighborhood, that girl is going to let out a whoop! :D I'll be in touch very soon if she doesn't beat me to it.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Oh Wow - Someone in my backyard

Postby bunintheoven0619 » Jan 10, 2007 7:43 pm

Wow - I can't believe there is someone in my neighborhood. I can't wait to hear from her.
Jessica
Mom to:
Cameron 8-9-05
Lil Peanut 06-19-07
bunintheoven0619

Postby minnesotamama » Jan 10, 2007 9:36 pm

Jessica,

Just wanted to say welcome!!! Glad you will have a buddy close by!!! Let us know how that pump goes for ya! And come join us in the second tri boards anytime. We try to have some fun in there! :lol:
Brenda
minnesotamama
Master of HG

Postby bethien » Jan 13, 2007 12:41 pm

Hello, I just posted and then realized there was a whole thread to find a buddy (whoops).

I am Beth, 25, live in MA and this is my 2nd pregnancy with HG. I am in my first trimester and will find out the due date this coming friday at the ultrasound, but I am guessing I am at about 6 or 7 weeks. I would love to have a buddy that has been through the same experience.

I am a SAHM and caretaker for my elderly aunt who lives with us, and she has no idea about HG and keeps telling me to try dry toast. :roll: Thank goodness my DH is supportive and I have a great doctor. I just wish we had more of a support system since most of our family lives 1 hour + away, and my parents moved south so I feel really alone and not wanting to ask friends for help even though we might need it.
bethien
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Jan 13, 2007 6:07 pm

I will be in touch soon with a volunteer for you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

I could be a buddy...and might need a buddy

Postby emacphe » Jan 21, 2007 10:27 pm

PamelaRose- I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my second (and so far so good). With my first, I was hospitalized with HG for nearly the entire 9 months... and it never got better. So, if you need someone to be a buddy, I may be able to help. Of course, I may find myself in need of a buddy in the next few weeks as well.
ImageImage
emacphe

Interested in a buddy

Postby Nancy C » Jan 22, 2007 7:33 pm

Hello, I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins with HG. Third pregnancy with HG, have a 2 year old and 1 miscarriage. This is by far the worst likely due to twins, would love to have support of someone who has been there.
Thank you so much.
Nancy
Mom to Ethan 2 years old
Expecting twins July 22
Nancy C

Postby PamelaRose » Jan 22, 2007 11:09 pm

Got you both down, ladies. Texas and Maryland and twins volunteers, coming right up! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Buddy?

Postby natts » Jan 26, 2007 10:31 am

Hi i'm ten weks pregnan and have just finally been diagnosed with HG.
are there any free buddies in England? Sussex?

thank you!!!!!!!!
natts
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Jan 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Yep, we've got plenty of UK ladies. I'll email you, but I won't even attempt to try to match up locations as I'm so completely confused about your Home Counties and Old Counties and Shires... LOL Louise in Kent will know who's near you, and she'll be happy to line things up. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Hopes » Jan 27, 2007 4:20 am

Hello Natalie

I have just sent you an email, hope that it reaches you ok. I put HG support UK in the subject box so you know that is not juke mail.

Hi everyone, sorry I have not been around I forgot my password too! tahnk you for help me Pamela..

Hi Nancy I had HG with my Twin pregnancy and when I was first told of HG they said (whilst doing the scan) "o thats why your so ill, you are having twins" but I think it was just I was going to have HG no matter how many babies I was carrying but because it was my First I wouldn't know if it was the worst or not. I am currantly in talks with hubby about more little babies but he's not so sure because of HG. How are you coping having a little one as well?

Well I really hope that I can get on here later as I missed reading the boards.

Take care hugs to all.

Louise
Hopes

would love a PA buddy

Postby Ohnonumber3 » Feb 18, 2007 7:08 pm

i would love a PA buddy :)
Ohnonumber3
Been There Done That

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums