Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click away...

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 10, 2004 6:09 pm

Welcome to the new ladies! If you'd like me to line up a buddy for you, just send me an e-mail through my post and let me know your e-mail address. That's the basis I use for volunteer contact, though if telephone contact is easier, just let me know that, too.

:)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Email address

Postby dolphinsnb » Sep 13, 2004 6:47 am

That's great!

My email address is shannon.bliss@verizon.net.

Thanks,
Shannon
dolphinsnb
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 18, 2004 4:36 pm

Thanks, Shannon - I'll fire up the buddy alert system today and let you know soon! :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Great Idea

Postby Julyta » Sep 23, 2004 10:38 am

I would love someone to talk to that has gone through the same thing, I have a-lot of family but it seems like they all think I'm exagerating and that it's all in my head. It seems like they don't even try to understand that it's something that I unfortunatly have to go through and can't really help it.

I'm a great listener and would love to talk.

Thanks...
July
in Northrern VA
Julyta

Postby PamelaRose » Sep 23, 2004 10:45 pm

I'd love to line up a volunteer for you, July! Just send an email to me so I can pass along your address to your buddy. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Janehh » Oct 06, 2004 8:08 am

Hi there. This is my second time with HG, and I thought I'd be better prepared for some reason....but it's worse. I'm home with an IV and can't seem to get myself to try enough fluids to get off of it. Don't know if they would stay down, of course. Anyway, I'd love to try your buddy system. I'm in Connecticut. Thanks,
Jane
jane_otis@yahoo.com
Janehh
Been There Done That

Postby Jacksmommy » Oct 18, 2004 10:41 am

Hi,
I am new to this board and I am from PA. I am three months pregnant with my second child and I have been recently told I have Hypermesis. I was hosptialized for dehydration recenlty and I am sick ALL OF THE TIME. I thank god I found this board because I can't imagine having to go through this alone. I was sick with my first son but never hospitalized. I probably had the hypermesis as I gave birth 25 pound lighter than when I got pregnant. At one point I was down about 40 pounds before I started gaining my 5th month. I had it to spare but still, it was the worst diet I was ever on. I am afraid I am getting a little depressed as I am rarely, if ever sick. I don't do well with it and I feel like I am losing my mind. This is the worst I have ever felt and I could sure use someone who understands and who won't tell me to eat a cracker or some coke like you mentioned. I am on medicine from my doctor but it is limited in it's assistance at best. I am doing ok with it, but I am guessing I will have to accept the fact that until my baby is born, I am not going to feel how I would like. I thank god my husband is so understanding but I don't want to wear him down too. He is trying so hard but I can imagine he gets tired of it too (though he would never show it) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Taking one day at a time.
Jacksmommy

welcome

Postby Janehh » Oct 19, 2004 9:45 am

Hi Jacksmommy--
It really does stink, doesn't it? I always thought of myself as someone who could "rally" through hard times, no matter what, but I guess I'm just not. It is hard to get through each day, and getting out of bed in the morning is so depressing (not that I stay out for long!) The meds aren't helping me either--Zofran, Unisom, B6, and Phenergan--I just barf anway. I'm really starting to get hungry too--I spend a lot of time just going over all of the foods I can think of to see if I think any would stay down, and usually don't come up with anything. Triscuits, for some reason, are ok--the reduced fat kind are better (thinner and crispier). Fluids are next to impossible--I can't even stand the smell of water in a glass.
It is amazing to hear the stories of the women on here, though, and realize that it does end at some point--at delivery, at least!
I spoke to an accupunturist yesterday and am going for an appointment today. He says he has helped women like us...we'll see! I tried one appointment last time I had HG and it didn't help, but maybe this time. I'll let you all know if it works.
best,
Jane
Janehh
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 21, 2004 6:54 pm

Welcome, Jacksmommy! I'd love to set you up with a buddy. Just email me with your contact info (location, e-mail address) and I'll get in touch.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby acorn » Oct 23, 2004 12:46 pm

Hi there!
I am happy to connect with the two other washington women. Would love to, in fact.

Please let me know how to go about it.

I had HG throughout the entire pregnancy and would love to help someone going through it, or planning to go through it.

Amy
DD born 7-10-04
acorn

Postby Linablu » Oct 23, 2004 10:27 pm

I definitely would love to help someone out as an HG buddy! I'm in Arkansas, but it doesn't matter that we live in the same state to help someone else out, does it? Anyway, please put me on your list to help someone out, Andy.
Chrissy
HG baby #1 Jordan Joseph 6/11/99
HG baby #2 Jaelyn Elise 8/12/04
Linablu
Welcomed Friend

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 28, 2004 7:22 pm

Thanks, Chrissy! No, buddies don't have to come from the same area, though sometimes it's nice to have someone nearby. I'll add your name to the able and willing list. Congratulations on little Jaelyn; how are things going for you?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Oct 28, 2004 7:23 pm

Amy - I'll be glad to get you in touch with others from your state. 3 now! Remind me if I don't get to it soon...

:P
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

How do I sign up for a buddy?

Postby Darcy » Nov 05, 2004 12:17 pm

Hi,
I thought I sent an email and signed up for a buddy yesterday but don't see anything posted. Can someone tell me how to do it? I am an HG survivor but am newly pregnant again and just terrified of a repeat experience. I did not have any support or treatments that helped at all the first time around and just recently found this site (I thank whoever started it!).
Darcy
Nothing short of having your nails pulled off could be worse than HG!
Darcy

buddy?

Postby Janehh » Nov 05, 2004 2:04 pm

I read Darcy's posting, and I never got a buddy either. I'd still like one if available, although just reading and posting on the site has been helpful.
janehh
Janehh
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 06, 2004 10:10 am

:shock: Yikes! It usually takes me a couple days to get on the ball with buddy requests, and then it's a waiting game to hear back from the volunteers I'm hoping to match up. If you haven't heard back from me, email me! Again and again...I WILL take the hint! lol

I'll be in touch right away about buddies, Jane and Darcy. And anyone else who feels overlooked--don't be afraid to email me through the forum here! I get lots of buddy requests every week, so sometimes one name just slips by me. I hate to think of any HGer waiting for support that never comes. Thanks for inquiring, ladies. And Darcy - congrats on the new pregnancy! Jane - How are things going for you?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Janehh » Nov 06, 2004 2:53 pm

Thanks, Pamela--I got your email with my buddy. I'm doing about the same. I had to have my midline IV removed last week, due to phlebitis (spelling?) in the vein--ouch! I go back on Monday to see if I need a PIC line, which I really want to avoid. I'm trying hard to keep hydrated on my own. Other than that, no changes. 12 weeks on Monday!
janehh
Janehh
Been There Done That

pregnant in florida

Postby haleyuf » Nov 06, 2004 6:51 pm

hi there,
i'm new to this message board stuff but have been so relieved to find this site. i'm almost 12 weeks along in pregnancy with second child and have hg. i may be thru the worst of it but would absolutely LOVE to have someone to chat with that has been through this. it has been a very hard experience for me.
thanks! haley
haleyuf@hotmail.com
florida
haleyuf

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 07, 2004 11:38 pm

Jane~
Sorry about the plebitis - ouch! I can see why you're leary of more IVs, but if you're still needing frequent rehydration, it's probably worth another try. I'll be crossing my fingers that 12 weeks is the magical turn-around for you! 8)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 07, 2004 11:39 pm

Hi, Haley - I'll line you up with a buddy right away. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums