Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click away...

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Re: Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click awa

Postby Kayfroebel » Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi Heather,

I too am from Mass and would really be glad to offer any assistance I can. I will PM you!

K
Kayfroebel
Been There Done That

Postby mzzzny » Apr 04, 2013 10:51 pm

This is for anyone on Long Island, NY. We started a Facebook support group for women located on Long Island:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/171050843047458/

DS: Severe HG (6 weeks - 14 weeks), Moderate HG (14 weeks - 23 weeks), Mild HG (23 weeks - delivery at 38 weeks).
mzzzny
Welcomed Friend

Postby Susied80 » May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site. I am expecting twins end of Oct. I am 15 weeks & hve had HG 8 weeks now! I feel like I'm going insane! :-( I'm from Ireland, not sure if there's many on here? x
Susied80

Postby Clairew » May 25, 2013 4:12 am

Hi, I'm claire and I'm from England. I've just come out of hospital, nearly 9 weeks and I'm on zofran. I'm terrified, this is my fourth baby and its worse than before. I'd love a buddy. My family are wonderful and supportive. :)
Clairew

Postby jojo2014 » Jun 13, 2013 5:52 am

Hi, my name in Joanne and I live in Scotland in the UK. Brand new member today. I've been diagnosed my hyperemesis gravidarum at 7 weeks pregnant and I'm currently now 10 weeks pregnant. I've been through multiple anti emetics already and I've had one hospital admission at 9 weeks due to dehydration and ketosis. I've lost 10lbs in weight so far (around 3.6kgs). I'm currently on ondansetron (Zofran) and cyclizine but I've been informed to wean the ondansetron from 24mgs a day to 16mgs. I'm still vomiting several time a day and suffering severe nausea. I haven't been able to work since 6 weeks gestation and I'm currently doing my best to stay out of hospital , however this is a living nightmare and the contemplation of continuing each day like this seems impossible! Can I please have a buddy to support me through this awful time ? Thanks
jojo2014

Postby mkrivitza » Jul 10, 2013 8:20 am

I live in Idaho falls, idaho and i would really love to have a buddy. :)
mkrivitza

Postby Lyly D » Jul 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi I'm Lyly D, I'm 24w4d and I'm in the U.S. Virgin Islands, it's pretty isolating feeling like the only one with this, so if there are anybody else from there I wouldn't mind a buddy, I'm open to being a buddy as well.
Lyly D

Postby Razzymom » Aug 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Hi I currently live in Kansas. We are on baby #3 (still feeling shocked) and due March 2014. I've suffered HG with all three of my pregnancies and should feel like a pro but am feeling very alone and depressed over going through it AGAIN.
Razzymom

Postby Gr82bsaved » Aug 25, 2013 9:13 am

Hi, I'm lacy and I live in Oklahoma. I'm eight weeks today and just experienced my first bout with HG (severe vomiting/subsequent dehydration and IV fluids). Currently taking Zofran which is helping keep me from throwing up constantly but still cannot eat or drink much. Feeling pretty miserable and defeated, especially where my job is concerned. If there are any local OK ladies who'd like to exchange emails, that would be truly great!
Gr82bsaved

Postby Saph18 » Oct 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi ! I'd love a Buddy. I'm 7 weeks, pregnant with my second baby. My first one just turned 1. I currently have mild HG but I've been increasing medications since week 4, and it seeems like it's getting worse anyways. (I am taking Diclectin and Metoclopramide) I fear to become fully disabled. I live in Canada. Thank you !! :)
DS 2012-10: HG from 7-Birth (Diclectin/Metoclopramide - Depression) Survivor
DD 2014-05: HG from 4-Birth (Diclectin/Zofran) Survivor
Saph18
Been There Done That

Postby jsfield » Nov 29, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm in Oregon and could really use a buddy. 12.5 weeks, on Zofran which doesn't work all that well, and would like someone to chat with who won't just tell me to drink ginger ale and get over it.
jsfield

Postby Kool » Nov 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry that you have HG. I'm in Texas so I'm not close to you, but I'm happy to offer you support via email, this forum, text or phone. HG is such a misunderstood disease and so difficult to experience, not just physically but mentally as well. I remember my husband's boss telling him that I was just looking for attention! Seriously??? And the cracker and ginger ale comments, ugh. Truly the only others who can relate are those that have experienced it. The only support I had was my husband, thankfully. No friends or other family ever understood. No since in trying to explain it either to someone, you get the response of "oh I had morning sickness too"! We women are tough and you will make it through, I would be more than happy to communicate with you if you wish. Please take care,
Michelle
Kool

Postby laura.s6198 » Jan 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi,
I live in Columbia, SC I am 24 weeks and I just don't know if I can survive this. I would love to have a buddy. Thank you.
laura.s6198

Postby bethslu » Jan 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi mamas.

My name is Beth, new to this board, and happy to have found it. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with baby #3. I've had HG with all of my pregnancies, and this by far has been the worst. The home healthcare company is coming tomorrow to put in my Zofran pump and to get all of that set up. I'm nervous, anxious...filled with so many emotions and I just want to feel better and be able to take care of myself and my family.
bethslu

Postby Timothysmommy » Jan 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to this board. I'm 7.5 weeks along with baby number two. First pregnancy had HG at 13 weeks through delivery. This time it started at six weeks. Zofran is the only thing that seems to work and my insurance is greatly numbering how many I'm allowed to have. Has anyone else had this issue? I'd like a pump this pregnancy because I had one the last time and it worked well. No one seems to understand and thinks I just have a little morning sickness. I get tired of hearing that.
Timothysmommy

Postby Jnsantistevan » Feb 01, 2014 11:30 pm

My name is Jaime Bringhurst. I live in centennial, Colorado. I am 9 weeks pregnant. My email is jnsantistevan@yahoo.com
Jnsantistevan

Postby JennDPT » Feb 28, 2014 6:59 pm

New to this forum. I just got out of the hospital after being there for 8 days for HG and a threatened miscarriage. I'm 7 weeks today. I'm on Zofran, Reglan, Pepcid, Unisom, vitamin B6, and prednisone. I got placed with a PICC line on 2/25/14 for IV hydration and vitamins at home, and they are contemplating a nasojejunal feeding or TPN as I've lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I live in California, and would like a buddy if one is available. Thanks!
JennDPT

Postby ela220022 » Apr 08, 2014 8:25 pm

We found out 2 weeks ago and I am about 6-8 weeks preggo. I would need a buddy in SC! Thank you
ela220022

Postby sarah.jayne1313 » Apr 23, 2014 11:53 am

My name is Sarah. I am 14 weeks pregnant and still no relief. I am angry, resentful. I feel so alone. And I feel the medical field doesn't want to help. Really could use someone to talk to. I am in IL. I can talk to anyone anywhere, I just need someone who understands this. Not someone who will tell me, it'll get better its just morning sickness. Or my favorite, have you tired this? Unless you have this, you have no idea. Email Sarah.Jayne1313@gmail.com I am home everyday
sarah.jayne1313

Postby LGM37 » Jun 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi! I am in Wichita Falls, TX and am looking for a support buddy. I am 8 weeks with my second HG pregnancy. I had it with my first 3 years ago, and I was really hoping this pregnancy would be different. Two weeks of HG and I am already so depressed and discouraged. I was sick until week 20 with my first and feel like I have so long to go. The days and nights are so long when you are so sick all day. If anyone is in my area, let me know- I know it is a small town. My heart goes out to all of you that are also suffering HG right now. It is good to know that we are all not alone!
LGM37

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums