Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click away...

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Re: Welcome to the Buddy System! Support is just a click awa

Postby faker13 » Jun 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Hello, I'm new and I'm so glad I found this site. I'm 7 weeks along and I'm DESPERATE for support. This is the third time going through hg. I have a five year old beautiful daughter and I have had a termination and a misscarry. I'm just losing hope and I need support....please:( oh, I'm in Dallas texas btw
faker13

Postby ladyhutch » Jun 28, 2014 8:59 am

My name is Andrea. This is my 7th pregnancy, my first time with HG. I've had 1 term pregnancy and 6 miscarriages. I also have an adopted son who is 23 years old.

My other son, my term baby, is 3 in August.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant, and live in New Jersey, near the Jersey Shore.

I have been hospitalized once this pregnancy for HG, and am facing a PICC line on my next visit. I am on diclegis, phenergran suppositories and zofran. I've had an IV for hydration and an overnight stay. I have lost nearly 20 lbs, which I could not afford to lose, as I started pregnancy at 127lb and am 5'7". I am down to 108 last weigh in.

Baby is measuring 8 days behind. I am convinced it is because I cannot get the bub the nutrition they need.

I started getting sick at 4w3d. It has gotten progressively worse. Before the diclegis and zofran, I was throwing up 20+ times a day, and could not keep water down. Since adding the diclegis and zofran, I am down to 2-3 times a day, but am still nearly completely unable to eat or drink due to nausea and food aversion. They added phenergran, and it helps a little, but I still can't eat or drink for shit.

I'm pretty close to bedridden. Smells, movement, pressure on my stomach all make me sick. I am constantly nauseated.

Next step is a PICC and TPN. I am researching trying medical marijuana at this point....which if you knew me means I am truly desperate.

Would love to make a friend. I'm pretty lonely and starting to feel defeated.
ladyhutch

Postby Smoky » Aug 08, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi,

I am a french mom, living in Austin, TX. I am 14 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. 3 pregnancies, 3 HG. I am so sad because can't take care of my girls, my husbands is doing everything he can. The days passing are so long and I am not good. For the 2 others it was until 5months 1/2. It is too long..... Thank you.
Smoky

Postby mom2seven » Sep 11, 2014 9:07 pm

My Names Shawna, I am so sick, lonely, depressed, desperate to feel better.
My HG IS KILLING ME! The guilt of not functioning is overwhelming.
I'M a single mom, no family, seventh baby.
:(
mom2seven

Postby Kathyaus » Sep 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Hi Shawna, I am a single Mom too, I have 4 foster kids at home, my own 16mth old and now this one. I have a lot of family support luckily but feel so guilty I can't look after my kids properly at the moment. Just doing a day at a time. Hope you are ok.
Kathyaus

Postby laura_j » Sep 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi, thrilled to have found this forum. Yet another day in bed and I'm thinking, I can't be the only person who struggles with this, can I?? So support from a buddy would be so very very much appreciated.

I'm 9 weeks in to my second pregnancy, with one e/r stay already under my (shrinking) belt. I'm still throwing up even with oral Zofran and rectal Phenergan taken together. My husband and my job are supportive, but no one can understand how this feels. I try to put thoughts of ending the pregnancy out of my mind but daily they recur.

I live in the Chicago area. Let me know if I can do anything to expedite the process of getting a buddy. (I need help!)

Thanks, Laura
laura_j

Postby saltmarshes » Oct 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'd love to find a buddy!

I am a first time expectant mom from New England. I'm in my 20th week and as I'm sure we all feel - really wasn't expecting to come down with HG. I have been battling since week 7 and have felt only temporary relief with the help of Zofran. I have always been a healthy person with lots of energy and spunk. This sickness has taken the wind right out of my sails and for a long time now I struggle to get through each day. While my normal positive energy wanes - I find myself sinking into depression and loneliness. My husband is wonderful and is trying so hard to help - but it is so hard to watch this impact him as the burdens of life have now all fallen on him and have for months. I have been reading on HelpHer.org since early on and have finally decided to speak up myself with the hope of maybe finding some more support.
saltmarshes

Postby Kate927 » Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi. I'm Kate, just found out I have HG. I'm 7 weeks in and losing my mind. The nauseous won't stop. This is my first pregnancy and I'm scared. I don't know if I can do this for 8 months. I'm in Upstate NY. My sister and mother both had it as well. Help me please.
Kate927

Postby lhajjar » Nov 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Hi: I am 9 weeks into my 3rd HG pregnancy. I am in that phase where I wonder what I was thinking doing this again. It's been awful and while not as intense as #2, I have more responsibilities now as I have 2 young children to care for in addition to PT work. I would love some additional support around the feelings of isolation, symptom management and general irritability I feel. My husband has been great-- he's very hands-on with the kids but it's also hard for him as he works in a demanding job. He has been putting our 2yo to bed at night as I've not been able to function well at that time of day and I am noticing she is preferring him over me lately. This is devastating to me as I worry that this is negatively impacting my relationship with her-- as well as my oldest daughter. Anyhow, I'd love to hear from a survivor with any guidance/support. Take Care, Lauren
lhajjar

Postby hannahg1983 » Dec 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

I am currently in my 4th pregnancy and hyperemesis has already hit me. I found out I was pregnant on the 24th November following sickness and a chest infection. The following Sunday I was admitted into hospital with severe dehydration. It is now Tuesday night and I'm back at home after 4 fluid bags and sickness tablets. Even though I was discharged I still don't feel 100% and am sure I was only sent home because the hospital needed my bed. I know what to expect as I had it badly with all my kids but it seems to get progressively worse with each one. So although I know I will get sick I just don't know how sick. I just need some help and advice to get me through this especially as I have to go back to work in 2 days time. I am from London in the UK and there is not a lot of information out there mist people know what it is now because the Duchess of Cambridge has it.
Not really sure how this works but if I could have some advice or mentoring through this I would be so grateful. My email is hannahgrant@yahoo.co.uk
I really hope someone can help me as no one else understands around me and I'm pretty sure some think I'm making it up.

Many thanks
Hannah
hannahg1983

Postby Jaina » Dec 14, 2014 8:46 pm

6 weeks pregnant and it has begun again in earnest. First pregnancy it started at 7 weeks went thru 26. Lost over 10% of my body weight, IV twice a week. Allergic to phenergin, zofran was useless after two weeks of use. They tried others in the IVs, but none of them helped. Medical leave from work (which did not go over well - are you Sure you need to take a leave? You look just fine to me).

Now DD is 15 months and I feel horrible, so sick and so guilty on top of it. Have already lost 4 pounds, everything I eat is coming back up and the smell or even thought of food is revolting and getting worse every day. Was diagnosed with PPD and I still can't believe it, pregnancy induced PTSD post partum with DD. Would love a buddy. UT, USA.
Jaina

Postby jillmcc » Dec 15, 2014 8:48 am

Hello,

My name is Jill. I am 10 weeks pregnant with my third and in very rough shape.

Jill McColgan
Brattleboro, VT
woltersjill@gmail.com
jillmcc

Postby linguistnyc » Feb 04, 2015 9:39 am

Hi! I would love a buddy. I was so sick my first pregnancy, couldn't work for months, and now I'm 5 weeks pregnant again. So far I'm feeling good, but I'm trying to prepare for what may be coming. My name is Caroline and I work in Manhattan and live in Westchester, NY. Is there a way to send you my email address privately? Thank you so much!!
linguistnyc

Postby amiegrahamdale » Mar 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi! My name is Amie and I really need a buddy. I live in Portsmouth, Virginia and I'm 13 weeks. I've been really struggling since week 5, went on meds at week 6 and have had a PICC line since week 9. The PICC line has helped in some ways, but in others it has made it worse. I'm just so frustrated that there's nothing I can do to feel or make it better. I'm tired of everyone asking me how I am feeling and not understanding how terrible this is. I'm tired of feeling so helpless and exhausted.

Is there anyone else with a PICC line?

Amie Dale
amiegraham1@gmail.com
Portsmouth, Virginia
amiegrahamdale

Postby MichellevsHG » Mar 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Hi Amie -

Take a look at this link. There might be one near you that can offer support.
http://www.helpher.org/mothers/get-support/volunteers/
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Postby Gabmac23 » Apr 02, 2015 1:10 am

Hi

I'm gabriella and I'm on my third pregnancy with HG. I would love to have a buddy that doesn't monitor my food or fluid intake lol. I'm in the Phoenix, Arizona area.

Thanks!
Gabmac23

Postby melissaw1 » Aug 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi, I am Melissa and I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 3rd case of HG and it's by far the worst! I need a buddy please!
melissaw1

Postby Kaylinehan » Oct 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello. I Am new to the forums. This is my second pregnancy and hg is even worse. Are you still doing the buddy system? I am desperate for any kind of help. Thanks.
Kaylinehan

Postby Alicronin2012 » Nov 09, 2015 12:42 am

Hi,
My name is Ali and I am 35 weeks pregnant (2nd pregnancy), have had hyperemesis since week 6 (as well as entire time during first pregnancy). I've been progressively getting worse as the months go by and am in desperate need of a buddy. The cumulative effects of being sick this long is taking its toll on me and I've hit a breaking point! I don't have a PICC but get rehydrated weekly in the hospital and am on several medications... On average I vomit 15-20 times a day (and for past 5 weeks have been vomiting blood, too). I know I "only" have 5 weeks left, but at this point making it through the hour seems impossible. I have a 2 yr old home with me all day and a husband who is very supportive but has a very demanding work caseload and is working / gone around the clock.
I would love to even just talk on the phone to a buddy who has been through this and can offer some support.
Thanks!
Alicronin2012

Postby Laboroflove » Dec 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello. Not sure if the buddy system is still active but hoping for some support

I am 8 weeks along with my 5th pregnancy, and this on is definitely the worst. Amazingly I only vomit once a day or so, but complete and total aversion to all food (consuming 400-800 cal daily) and nausea 24-7.

So far I have a weight loss of 6 lbs (approx 5% body weight), on a zofran pump, daily IV hydration, Prevacid, diclegis, and reglan.

With 3 children at home, this has been so emotionally taxing, and I feel like I really just need to someone who understands, and who won't tell me to sip ginger ale!!!

Jenkmarino@yahoo.com, in Florida
Kaylee - 1998 - severe NVP
Justin - 2003 - severe NVP
Mia - 2012 - NVP
Angel baby - 2015 - 6 week miscarriage
Current pregnancy - EDC 7/15/16 - HG
Laboroflove

PreviousNext

Return to New to the Forums