Hey there mommies!!!

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Hey there mommies!!!

Postby HGx3 » Dec 15, 2004 3:02 am

How is everyone?????? Joshua is now 6 months old and still nursing like clockwork!!!!! If you get a minute, please update on how your nursing experience is going, and how long you have been at it, okay?

Merry Christmas to you all, and kiss those babies who will be celebrating thier very 1st Christmas this year!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby JennyK » Jan 06, 2005 1:09 pm

Annie will turn one in a few weeks and she's still a champion nurser. I'm not sure when we'll wean. Right now I'm just following her cues and she loooooves to nurse.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Cheri » Jan 10, 2005 1:29 pm

Hi Lisa,
I am moving into new territory now with 2 nursing babies! Megan was happy when brother came along because now there is milk again! It is going very well & Matthew is nursing well too!

If I could have seen myself 15 years ago I wouldn't have believed I'd have 4 kids, homeschooling & nursing 2 of them :)
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Postby JennyK » Jan 10, 2005 1:35 pm

Cheri,

Wow, you are amazing! Two HG babies that are only a year apart?! You are incredible! :D
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby HGx3 » Jan 10, 2005 3:10 pm

WOW Cheri!!!! I thought I was tuff with two hg babies just 15 months apart!!!! But a year and 10 days????? And homeschooling???? ANd nursing 2!!!! You ARE superwoman, lol!!! I thought dd might be happy that my milk was back when Josh arrived in May, but she wasnt interested :(
I am contemplating the whole homeschooling option, but just not sure if I can devote myself to never having time alone. Maybe we could tak more about it, I would love to hear your experience!

Jenny,
That is awesome that you are still nursing strong at a year. I nursed #2 until she was 18mths old...then I got pg with#3 and was too sick to nurse. Mainly because I was in the hospital and couldnt, but every now and then I would let her have a sip..hehehe.

Thanks for the updates!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Cheri » Jan 11, 2005 10:31 pm

Well...hg babies a year apart was certainly not what we had planned :oops: :oops: . It has actually worked out pretty well though and it's nice to have it all behind me. Besides, in many ways this was my best pg and according to weightloss, I'm don't think I'd even officially classify as hg this time. I was pretty well out of life for 2 months though and we only managed with my older girls help and because dh works from home.

As far as superwoman...hardly...crazy maybe :D Things are very busy right now and someone always needs to be fed or clothed or diapered. I have a very helpful dh and we just do what we can do and ignore everything else :D

As far as homeschooling, I really love it. I'm sure it wouldn't work that well for everybody, but it has fit into our lifestyle well and provides flexibility which we like. At the moment we are taking a long winter break while we get adjusted to baby!
Cheri
Baby Lost at 15 weeks 3/02
Cheri
Opinionated HGer

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum