Any Recommendations?

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Any Recommendations?

Postby jenniz » Jun 05, 2004 9:26 pm

:oops:

Hi Ladies!

2 1/2 hours to go and I am officially 36 weeks!!! I can almost taste a yummy NORMAL meal!!!

I have a question...Can anyone recommend a baby sling (not a regular carrier) that is easy to use and comfortable. I know I am going to be a sore girl after Baby Sammy comes into the world...getting back into fighting shape after being sick for so many months...so comfort for me & baby are top priority. I'd like one that I can use to nurse as well. I kind of like how the mayan wraps look...anyone have any experience with these? Hugs to all!!!
________
MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby aaronsmommy » Jun 05, 2004 10:33 pm

I just loved this one http://www.kangarookorner.com/k_shop_po ... stom.shtml
I didn't get it until my son was about 5 months old and was kicking myself for not getting it sooner. She makes a cotton one and a fleece one. I liked the fleece one so much that I got a cotton one too, and would use it when it was really hot, but the fleece one is sooooo nice that we would just use that one most of the time anyway. It's easy and we were both so comfy in it, and it would put him to sleep like magic. We still use it sometimes and he's 18 months!
We never really tried breastfeeding in it, mostly because at that point my son was so distractible we had to be lying down in a quiet room to nurse, so I don't know about that.
I hope you'll be needing one soon!
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby jenniz » Jun 10, 2004 9:16 pm

Thanks!

I actually ended up making a sling! I saw a photo of one and thought, "I can do that!" and it turned out gorgeous! I bought fabric to make two more today! LOL...The one I made the other day is an orange and yellow and red batik material...I'm so happy with it! I had to get another fabric I love (for the days when I'm not feeling so 'bright', so I got a navy blue with a batik flower pattern (I'm never feeling "plain", LOL, maybe just not so ORANGE AND YELLOW!) and a plain jane material so DH can wear him sometimes. I am a *little* bit more outlandish than he is (understatment of the decade...have you ever seen the TV show "Dharma & Greg" ? That's us, LOL) So thanks for the site...it does look comfy! Hugs!
________
Honda Gl1500I
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby jjbeck » Jul 24, 2004 11:29 pm

I got the NOJO sling. I looked at many and decided on this one. It is simple. It can hold as the cradle hold...kanga hold etc. From NB to older babies. For NB, you can use the shoulder pad as a pillow while they are being cradled...I liked this. I use the sling while out walking and even cleaning. My ped recommended this one...she said she even used hers while cooking, she would just swing th e sling around so the baby was on her back.
I have the EXPENSIVE bjorn carrier and find I use my NOJO sling more.
Jen 34
HG X2

DH Bob
DD Ava 4/04
jjbeck
Been There Done That

sling and baby bjorn

Postby acorn » Aug 02, 2004 4:50 am

Ok, guys...this might seem stupid, but I received a sling from a girlfriend, a nojo I think, and I have no idea how to use it. any suggestions?

My baby girl is now 3 weeks and I am just in mommy heaven. But, I haven't ventured past the stroller travel system.

I also have a baby bjorn and don't know if I can put such a young baby in it yet. She's about 8 pounds so I bet it would be ok?

Amy
acorn

Postby cthmschler » Aug 02, 2004 10:13 am

You can fin an instructional video on using slings for $10 at:
http://www.otsbh.net/slings/slings.html

You can find one here for only $4.99:
http://www.lactationconnection.com/slin ... C=standard

To read about how to wear your baby sling, look at this page, it gives instructions on 4 differrent positions:
http://www.alternativebaby.com/slingwear.php3

The only thing that page does not tell you, that I found helpful, is to put the cushioned part in front, intead of on your shoulder where it belongs (i.e. put the sling on backwards) when the baby is small (less than 10-12 pounds, maybe?) because it supports the baby's head like a pillow and helps him/her sit a little higher on your chest.
I also have the NOJO, and i must say I prefer it (it is smaller and not as deep) for the first month or two. But my last baby got so big, so fast, that I found the Over the Shoulder Baby Holder (which is deeper and can be adjusted to be bigger) worked much better for the duration.

In my opinion, once you get the hang of it, you'll find the sling much easier and more versatile than the the baby bjorn.
Teresa
Mama to Micah Thomas (2-95), Noah Alexander (11-96), Quentin Louis (5-01), and (drum roll, please) Gabriel Ryan (7-04)
cthmschler
Welcomed Friend

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum