Breastfeeding?

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Breastfeeding?

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 22, 2004 4:51 am

I didn't breastfeed my first child, I had PLENTY of milk, was on no medication. I wanted to breastfeed my second child but I had no milk, I was on medication. I am not on medication with this pregnancy yet, but I plan on getting something. What I want to know is if the medication has to do with me lactating or not. Can someone let me know, I feel kind of embarrassed asking the doctor?

Valerie
3x HGer
VanessaEileen 04/24/98
Serenity 01/16/04
next due date 01/28/05
Valerie Cruz

Postby HGx3 » Jul 25, 2004 3:53 am

It depends on what medication you are refering to. Most of the meds used for tresting nausea will not hinder your supplu. Reglan would increase your supply. Drugs such as vistaril, which is an antihistamine, would hinder your supply. What do you plan on taking? Hydration is the key to a good supply.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby Valerie Cruz » Jul 25, 2004 4:49 am

Just friday I was perscribed B6 for the afternoon and phenegran in the evening. I also have to take a medication for a UTI. My last pregnancy I was on phenegran and something else when I was in the hospital, don't remember. But throughout most of my pregnancy I was on, I think it's called, terbutaline to stop my contractions. I kept going into premature labor starting around four and half to five months, could that drug have been what caused it?

Valerie
3x HGer
VanessaEileen 04/24/98
Serenity 01/16/04
next due date 01/28/05
Valerie Cruz

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum