WARNING about POSTS

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

WARNING about POSTS

Postby HGx3 » Aug 23, 2004 8:48 pm

I do not think that the article posted was suggesting that you forego regular mamograns or yearly exams simply b/c you are a breastfeeding mother. Many lactation consultants will tell you that nursing a lifetime total of seven years MAY reduce your risk of breast cancer by as much as 50 percent. That is NOT to say that women who breastfeed for this length of time will NOT get breast cancer. In fact, I have a family member who had seven children and breastfed all of them for 1 year or longer. She was diagnosed with breast cancer several months ago.

The point is, it is a suggestion, not a promise. They also tell you eating broccoli reduces your risk of cancer, but that doesnt mean that you wont end up with it. Genetics play a role in your circumstances. While I can appreciate clarifying the info, I do not think it was fair to attack someone for posting information from a web site for others to read.

Let me caution everyone here that this IS NOT A DEBATE FORUM. While you are entitled to your passion and opinions on a subject, that does not give you the right to ATTACK someone here. This board is a loving, supportive atmosphere for ALL women. Keep that in mind when posting and replying to others.

The purpose of this forum is to offer support and to answer questions, and to be enlightened on new information regarding breastfeeding.If you wish to debate or become confrontational, you should find another board.
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum