Birth Story

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Birth Story

Postby HGx3 » May 31, 2004 6:25 pm

Hi, wanted to move this from the HuGS Board for all to see

Hi there everyone!! I am soooo glad to FINALLY be posting this; I swear it felt like the day would never arrive!!!!!!!
Sunday night (May 23rd), I felt a slight energy burst. Now, considering how sick and weak I have been, it wasn't much energy, but enough that I noticed. DH and I hit the sack later than usual, around midnight. I kept waking every hour from pain, but when I would actually get up to go to the potty, I felt nothing so I thought nothing.....

At 4:45 am, I got up to potty. When I went to get back in bed, it felt like I had peed on myself, and I thought, OMG, my water just broke! I woke my husband, who sat bolt upright and he had been sound asleep. I got straight in the shower, then called my mom, my sis, then the doctor, who instructed me to go to L&D; all of this, without getting out of the shower.

When I arrived, I was 3cm and contracting every 3 minutes. By 9am I was 4 to 5 and hurting very badly, so I got my epidural. They kept losing Joshua's heartbeat so they placed an internal monitor on his head. This felt worse than my previous BIRTH experiences, because the nurse was a tiny Hitler! I was dialating much slower this time than compared to my other pgs, so I was getting anxious.

Around 2:50 pm I was complete and got to start pushing. I felt very weak and felt, as hard as I was pushing, that the baby just wasn't making good progress. We then found out he was OP, in posterior presentation - face up. This makes labor and delivery extremely difficult.

Our sweetie arrived at 3:29 pm. He was 8 lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches long. He took in a lot of fluid, due to the "sunny-side-up" delivery, so they put him in the NICU. He was there until Thursday, and we all got to come home that afternoon. Matthew and Lauryn adore him, and I feel soooooooooooooooooooooo much better!! I still need time to heal from the experience, I have been so depressed, but when I look at Josh, I thank God, and KNOW he was MEANT to be here with us.

Please hang in there girls.......you will get thru it!

I will post pics asap and will try to get in here to catch up as soon as things settle. HUGE HUGS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Love to Hear Good Things

Postby HdGAMom2B » May 31, 2004 7:17 pm

Hi! I wanted to thank you for your post. It is so refreshing to hear about HG survivors havin gbig, healtyh babies.. after suffering so much. I am encouraged that our pregnancy, which is being planned for soon (pray!) will be sucessful, healthy, and joyful. Thanks again, because it is the good times that make all the drama worth it in the end!

Bless you and your new addition!

Christy
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby HGx3 » Jun 01, 2004 7:53 am

You are so welcome. How exciting that you are planning on adding to your family. All I can tell you is, it is s o hard, but so very worth all the pain and sadness you may encounter Good Luck to you!!!!! I am glad to hear that my story is encoraging to someone!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby djturr » Jun 01, 2004 9:34 pm

What a wonderful birth story. I am so glad that you are on the other side. It's amazing how looking into that beautiful new face can make everything worth while. Enjoy your babymoon :)
djturr

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 02, 2004 11:46 pm

Welcome, Joshua! I'm so very, very happy it's all over for you. You did it! I know you're still struggling with the emotional fallout, and I hope that eases a bit more with each passing day. You had a time of it. Reilly was just a wee bit oblique on delivery and hurt like hell--I was soooo mad because it was supposed to be easy like my other two had been, not painful and hard. But she got here, I healed, and now it's just a funny memory of me getting very testy with my poor doctor. I hope you can reach that point. Hugs, SuperWoman! How has the little guy been doing? Settling in well? I will give you a call once you've had a chance to settle in a bit more--I want to hear more of those precious newborn squeaks and gurgles from your end. :)
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby HGx3 » Jun 03, 2004 10:10 pm

Hey Pamela. I have been thinking about you, I just havent been able to find a spare second to call. Aside from my ppd, we are doing well. Josh is nursing like a champ...every 2 hrs. Hasent cried much so far. He is truly an angel baby. I am doing better each day, but yes, an emotional fall out hits the nail right on the head. Thats why I love you, you ALWAYS say the very thing I am feeling. You are a GREAT buddy!!! I will talk to you very soon.

Lisa
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby jenniz » Jun 04, 2004 8:19 am

Lisa,

Congrats on Joshua's birth! It is encouraging to see that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. When we are in the middle of this, it is so difficult to keep our eyes on the prize long enough to get out of the dark places and times. We go through these horrific pregnancies because we love children and want to add to our families...not because we love being desperately ill for months on end!

I'm so happy that Joshua is doing well, and you will be in my prayers for healing from the HG, the birth and the ppd. I was on the HER forum, not the HuGs one, but I'm very glad that we are all here now as its a bigger group to give and receive support. I couldn't be happier for you if I had known you for years!!! Hugs and again, congrats!!!
________
Suzuki Sixteen
Last edited by jenniz on Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniz

Postby HGx3 » Jun 04, 2004 8:54 am

Jenni. Thanks so much for your congrats and support. I am glad to be here at the HER forum making new friends. My journey this pg has been very difficult, but I made it thru with the support of family and the wonderful group of women at the HUGS forum. Many of which are now here as well. Congrats on your pg....hang in there, not long now, though the finally days seem to be the longest. Let me know if I can do anything to help you!!!!!!

Love, Lisa
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Congratulations

Postby Mar2 » Jun 04, 2004 10:51 am

Lisa,

Not sure if you remember me from HuGS, but I just had to congratulate you on Joshua's birth!!! I am so glad he is here in your arms and the HG recovery can begin.

Maranda was "sunnyside up" too ;) and, although I don't think it was an unusually painful delivery for me, she had bruising on the bridge of her nose. I felt so guilty.

I hope you and Joshua have recovered. It sounds like he is just the perfect baby!!!
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Postby Traci in Japan » Jun 14, 2004 4:52 am

Hi Lisa

I just posted to you in the breastfeeding section and then came across this. Congratulations again. New borns are so wonderful.

My second son was sunny side up - took so long to arrive. Stubborn little things :lol: I'm so pleased Kalan made up for it by popping out quickly.

Looking forward to hearing how you go with your three. Mine are now 4 years and 2 months, 2 years and 2 months and 5 weeks.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum