Sleepy baby

Recovering from birth & months of Hyperemesis, encompassing post-partum concerns such as nutritional and physical recovery from HG, breastfeeding support, and infant medical issues stemming from HG (infant reflux, feeding issues, prematurity, etc.).

Moderators: Atsie, tgger007, _Laurie

Sleepy baby

Postby caleighbelle47 » Oct 19, 2004 11:47 pm

Okay the whole breastfeeding thing is going pretty good. The baby has a good latch, but she sleeps too much to eat enough. During the day I can't wake her up at all to nurse, and when she is awake enough to latch on, she immediately falls asleep.

Any suggestions?

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby emily » Oct 20, 2004 9:55 am

Tickle her feet? Or her cheek?

LOL It will work sometimes.

During my delivery I had 4th degree tearing and I was sent home with a pain medicine. Well, I didn't even realize it was tylenol with codeine and I sure had one tuckered out little baby.

Babies do get more alert after the first few weeks. I know we had weight loss issues in the first month, but in month three she came back with a 5 lb gain!

GL! And how exciting to have a little baby to nurse!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Another idea

Postby Laurie » Nov 07, 2004 7:56 pm

is to strip baby down and many times, the cool air will wake them up enough to eat. Another idea is change their diaper in the middle of the nursing session (or, if you change sides during a feed, do it then). When baby gets a bit older, you won't have this issue as much...they'll let you know when they're hungry! LOL
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

Return to HG Recovery & Post-Partum