Digestion Problems....and gettting worse

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Postby KellyR » Dec 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Update again - A Dr. at the Stanford Digestive Health Clinic now has me on Remeron (15mg) and Buspar (only 5mg) and it does seem to be mildly lifting the chronic post-HG nausea. Just something to ask your gastro about trying if you are still suffering with no obvious reason (i.e. gallbladder, celiac etc).
Kelly

DS - Hunter born 7/18/05 - HG entire pregnancy
DD - Daphne born 7/19/09 - HG entire pregnancy
KellyR
Been There Done That

Postby amarillo » Feb 11, 2011 7:50 pm

I am going through significant digestive issues, primarily food just goes through me. I had blood work done that came back today and indicates abnormal levels. My dr. is ordering an ultrasound. What experiences do people have with gall bladder/liver issues post HG? I had a severe case which was not treated aggressively and ultimately led to termination.
amarillo

Postby KarenJ » Feb 24, 2011 12:37 pm

My symptoms have been getting worse lately, I am actually going to the doc on Friday so he can refer me to a gastro doc. I will let ya'll know the outcome...

Karen J.
ImageImage
KarenJ
Opinionated HGer

Postby mammaclare » Feb 24, 2011 11:34 pm

Oh Karen--you started this thread in JUNE! How can you have waited this long without a GI referral, suffering?!? You poor thing! Make sure the GI knows the duration of the issues so he doesn't screw around with casual "try this and that" BS, and gets right to the testing....

I actually got to watch placement of a pH probe today at the Endoscopy lab, and this probe that also measures the location and strength of any strictures beyond the normal sphincters in the esophagus. Neat what they can "see" without even the camera (this was after a visual scope btw--this gives active mechanical data, while the scope gave tissue health data, if that makes sense...)
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby KarenJ » Feb 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Well, I did get the try this bull like you said. I know it was really crazy of me to wait so long, but I would be fine for periods of time, but like I said lately the issues came back with more regularity. Having the baby plus two other kids put me on the back burner as usual.

Anyway, the doc gave me meds for GERD to see if that is the issue. No further testing at this time. I have to take the meds for two weeks, track sypmtoms along with eating habits and if I am not "better" then I will get a sono of the gallbladder. I was surprised because I have not had any major issues with heartburn, but I have been told by more than one person that GERD can cause symptoms like mine. I will say this, I am scared to death of going under the knife! I have never even been in the hospital for anything but babies, no broken bones, no stitches or anything of the sort. Thinking about having to get my gallbladdder out is gogin me some major anxiety....but I also want to get better quickly. So here is hoping it is just GERD and not the galbladder!

Karen J
ImageImage
KarenJ
Opinionated HGer

Postby KarenJ » Mar 14, 2011 9:11 am

Well went back to the doc on Friday and I am still having symptoms. Nexium is helping, but I would not say that I am "better", so now I am being referred to a GI & I am waiting for the hospital to call & set up a sonogram...boy do I just want this all to be over.

Karen
ImageImage
KarenJ
Opinionated HGer

Postby KarenJ » Mar 24, 2011 9:15 am

Well ladies, Gallbladder surgery is upcoming. At least I finally have some answers. HG started this last time in September 2009, I have been sick since. I am scared, but ready to finally feel better!!!

Karen J.
ImageImage
KarenJ
Opinionated HGer

Re: Digestion Problems....and gettting worse

Postby Healthyme » Nov 21, 2015 4:57 am

Digestion problem does havoc in our lives everytime we eat fatty foods. I have already experienced it and I want to help you by recommending this Mimonis Digestic herbal supplement. It is 30 days money back guarantee. You can see it here http://www.mimonis.com/
Healthyme

Previous

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG