Teeth

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Teeth

Postby Amanda_Ray » Sep 27, 2014 1:59 pm

I haven't posted here in such a long time, but needed somewhere to go where people understood and this is the only place I could go. Before I had HG I had gorgeous teeth. In fact I always said that was something I looked for in a man was a man with good teeth. I've had 8 root canals and 9 extractions. My teeth just keep breaking. :'( i brush twice a day, I've tried avoiding pop, I've tried EVERYTHING. My mouth constantly hurts. I am in constant pain and my dentist said its just due to sensitivity and not having enamel. My second opinion said the same thing. My Dentist keeps urging me not to just get my teeth all pulled and get dentures but to crown all my teeth and get what i'm sure is 2-3 more root canals would cost about the same and it seems to never get any better. I just can't do this anymore and they look horrible. Only problem is I'm 27 years old... it just seems so unfair and crazy. but i don't see another way. I'm sick of the pain...
ImageImage
Amanda_Ray
Opinionated HGer

Re: Teeth

Postby MichellevsHG » Jan 13, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm so sorry Amanda. I seemed to have escaped the terrible teeth from HG with only minimal enamel erosion. We opted for sealants until the enamel issue resolved, which seems to have helped.

Normally 9 months of vomiting can wreck havoc on our teeth. I am so very sorry you have to go through this! You have decide what is best for you. My dad's teeth are terrible and he was sick of the root canals too. He opted for pulling almost all of the bad teeth and getting dentures (which he says was a good idea for him).

Hang in there! *hugs*
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG