Salivary gland problems

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Salivary gland problems

Postby cj_siena_mom » Dec 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi, I had HG with both of my pregnancies. With my second, my right submandibular salivary gland (they're located under your jaw) swelled up and stayed swollen until about 2 months after I delivered (a total of 8 months!). I still have problems with it today if i don't drink enought water. My ENT believes the swelling was due to the recurrent vomiting and prolonged dehydration as well as pregnancy hormones. He said that it may be permanently damaged or it may go back to normal. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
cj_siena_mom

Re: Salivary gland problems

Postby MichellevsHG » Jan 01, 2016 2:13 pm

I did a quick search in the forums here for any posts or threads on this issue and it came up with a few posts, but not specifically to this issue you have or anything similar to it. I'm sorry.

The ENT is positive it's not infected or blocked?
DD, 9/14/07, (6w -38w) Severe HG (induced due to PreE) - barely treated until 20w; 40+lbs weight loss; multiple ER/hospital visits, PICC, zofran, benedryl, zantac, & baby aspirin; new Ob at 21/22w; mild Polyhydramnios (37w)

Loss, 9/17/13 (11w6d), Aggressively treated severe HG from 5w - 5% weightloss in 6 days, IV protonix/fluids/zofran @ 8w; zofran pump, benedryl, phenergan, zantac, baby aspirin

Loss, 12/7/13 (4w5d)

Angel Sent to Heaven, 10/21/92 (7w4d), Undiagnosed/Untreated Severe HG
MichellevsHG
Forum Moderator

Return to Long-Term Impact from HG