There are other fish in the sea

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

There are other fish in the sea

Postby Bridge » Jun 08, 2004 4:59 pm

This is my 2nd hg pregnancy, so I had some idea what to expect after the first pg. I told my ob about my previous pg and all my current symptoms...she prescribed zofran, but did zero work up on my condition so the insurance would not agree to coverage for the meds. (By no work up, I mean she didn't even weigh me to see if I had lost weight...10lbs...my urine was never checked for ketones..etc) Luckily, I knew the drill and did this at home, plus the two trips to the ER took care of that as well. In the end, after fighting 4 wks to get my meds, I took it upon myself, and gathered all records and info from ER to give to insurance and got my own darn meds.

I was absolutely in infuriated with my ob. She never once inquired about how much weight I had lost in 4 weeks of continuous vomitting and ER visits. Fortunately, I have found an amazing ob and cnm. I couldn't be happier with my new dr. So, please, if you are not getting adequate treatment, or support, do not hesitate to do everything in your power to switch drs. (I'm HMO too, and there are still options out there...less options, but they exist.) You and your expected child are worth the world, so don't settle for anything less.

FYI..I actually had a dr in the ER scold me for not having my tubes tied after the first pregnancy!!! :x Who the #&*(@ does he think he is???
Bridget
Mommy to Madeleine 2 1/2 and to baby on the way
Bridge

Postby MamaLily » Jun 08, 2004 8:39 pm

Bridget -

I'm so happy to hear that you've found a good doctor. Yes, they are out there! Please take the time to add this doctor to the Referral Network on this website (if you haven't already).

Hope you're hanging in there!

- Anna

P.S. I like the way you put this: "You and your expected child are worth the world, so don't settle for anything less." I agree 100%!
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)