8 pregnancies worth of vents...where to start?

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

8 pregnancies worth of vents...where to start?

Postby gelsum » May 05, 2005 11:02 am

I have 8 pregnancies worth of vents!!

This forum just made me laugh so hard.

One of my sis-in-laws, in discussing morning sickness said, 'yeah, I feel so bad that I just go out and buy frozen entrees for the family for the first twelve weeks....I even threw up twice!' (she has about 2 weeks of slight nausea...admitted by herself)

I can't even go into a grocery store for a month.

or how about this same SIL and husband who, at Easter dinner this year, (I actually dressed on this day, and rode in the car, and had 2 people help me into the house because I couldn't stand up straight on my own), where I was laying on the couch and trying to not hear all the children jumping on the floor (I knew it was actually a hammer on my head...) say sorry you feel uncomfortable today.....

Or how about the fact that she RESEARCHED in her neighborhood and actually found another person who had to take Zofran and now actually believes that people get that sick. This is our 8th child....I have been so sick with all.....and she never believed me to be this sick until a neighbor of hers was last week!

Oh the injustice of it all....

How many times have you been asked...Have you tried a little bit of ginger in your water? Or ....Have you tried a cup of raspberry tea..It will make you feel so much better.

Like I said....8pg worth of vents.... I could go on forever:)
gelsum

Postby HelenA » May 05, 2005 4:31 pm

LOL!!

If I had a £1 for every time someone said to me " Have you tried eating ginger biscuits or dry crackers" Hell , my little girl would have her college fund already and a summer house in the carribean!!! I think the worst one I had was to try drinking white vinegar! Aparantly that has anti nausea properties. Yeah really! I can't touch water but I'll just go and down a glass of vinegar! I never liked the stuff before pg!!

And I just love the "I had it really bad too, I threw up a couple of times but had really bad nausea for a few weeks" Well try it for 8 months and throw up so many times that your stomach lining comes up, get yourself put on IV's, and take meds every day for 8 months, be confined to your bed/sofa and be so depressed that you sometimes wish you weren't pregnant, and have an incompetant doctor who thinks everything you say is a lie and that it's all in your head, and top it all off with people making stupid comments about how you should "stop being selfish and think of the baby" and they'd soon think their "terrible nausea" was a walk in the park!
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby Kadinga » May 12, 2005 9:36 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO, :lol:

I have one of those sils. Mine says to me, in front of the family, that she "never threw up because she didn't give in to it, she just held it down".... :twisted:

....and my own mother is passionately anti-meds and pro-cracker. :evil: ...She told everyone that "all those months of rest" were the reason for me being alert on the birth day, and she didn't actually think I looked sick until after I'd been breastfeeding for two weeks. :shock:

One of the older women at work could see I wasn't feeling good one day and went out and bought me three packs of crackers and told me to take them and a bottle of WATER into class with me. I obliged her, and nearly fainted and vomitted at once in front of a class of 12 yr olds.......

An aunt on my father's side told me that she never had a sick day with either of her two (didn't even manage to convince her doc she was pregnant until 4 months with her second) and was quite sure that the severely sick mums are the ones who CHOOSE to lie around and feel sorry for themselves :twisted:

******foodment********
Then there's the herbal club who insist on peppermint tea, spearmint tea, ginger tea, ginger horse-pills disolved in WATER :evil: , jelly beans to keep your sugars up, "Have you seen a dietician? Nutrition is so important, you know", "I've made you some tomato soup, hopefully the tomatos won't bother you as much as you say they do", "Are you eating enough fruit"...
******end foodment*****

At the moment, my DH (who really is generally very good) is worried about me talking myself into being sick, because I'm so focussed on all the ways to hopefully manage it. Actually... small vent at DH from before my hospital visits.... he honestly believed he was helping me when he took care of his own meals by eating the left overs I was saving because they were things I could eat. :shock: ...but to give him his due, he is fully prepared to do all the shopping for next time and help me manage our daughter's needs, and he will do all the laundry and stack the dishwasher and all the other daily stuff. :D

The most ridiculous bit is that I actually remember a time (week 7) when I thought it would be a relief to throw up. :roll: :lol:

Gelsum, 8 times through this makes you a hero in my eyes, do you have any tips for getting a toddler through it?
Hellon, not long to go now honey, you'll love that little girl like you never knew you could....

cheers to all

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby teddi » May 12, 2005 10:19 pm

Or how about the fact that she RESEARCHED in her neighborhood and actually found another person who had to take Zofran and now actually believes that people get that sick. This is our 8th child....I have been so sick with all.....and she never believed me to be this sick until a neighbor of hers was last week!

WEEEELLLLL. On the UPSIDE, apparently at least, she THOUGHT about HG....she shows some motivation in her canvassing the neighborhood. LOLOLOL.

YESssssss. It happens and not JUST to you!

Congrats on the 8th child. Grand Multipara's always impress me. I stand in awe of those who endure HG &&&& are have a gaggle!
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

toddlers

Postby Aprild » May 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Toddlers certainly make HG more interesting. With my 2nd preg, my dd was 14 months when it all began. Her favorite game was to pretend to throw up when I did. If I hadn't been so sick, it would've been cute watching her pretend to wretch. With the 3rd preg, my husband made up their lunches and set them on the bottom shelf of the fridge where they could reach them.

I just white knuckled diaper time--always in or next to the bathroom for quicker access. Other than that, industrial strength child proof locks and a steady supply of videos and books (if you can read!) should help get you through it.

There are probably other tips, but I can't remember any. Probably ought to write these things down for the next time!
April
Mom of Abigail 6/4/00 Tabitha 4/5/02 and Micah 2/18/05
Aprild

Postby HGx3 » May 13, 2005 10:57 pm

WOW!! Do you actually have 8 children? Or just 8 pregnancies?

Anyhow, welcme, cant wait to get to know you!!!!!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby kirsty » May 15, 2005 4:37 pm

I am blown away by the act you have endured 8 hg pregnancies!!!! you must be superwoman! I am on no 3 and we have decided to stop after this one as I find it too hard on my body, my kids, my hubby etc.
how have you managed to get thru 8?! that is fantastic strenghth!
would love to know how many children you have, and what ages?

hmmmm, mabye I could do 1 more?.....
Kirsty
kirsty
Welcomed Friend

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)