After 19 weeks - still crackered at Docs!

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

After 19 weeks - still crackered at Docs!

Postby risy » May 18, 2005 3:01 pm

Had my OB visit today - 19 weeks pregnant. I told "one of my doctors" that the Phenergan is not as effective any more. I asked if there was something else I can try.

He suggested OYSTER CRACKERS be EATEN THROUGOUT THE DAY!

How do you even respond in light of such overwhelming ignorance or complacency???

He also said YOU DON"T NEED PHENERGAN ANYMORE - YOUR IN THE SECOND TRIMESTER!. :evil: They didn't give me any meds until I was 13 weeks, dehydrated, and threw-up in their bathroom.

Also, THE BABY IS GROWING JUST FINE, SO WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?

I cannot believe we pay top dollar to be treated so poorly! Why even go to the OB - all they do is disbelieve everything you say!??! :cry:
risy

Postby kemama » May 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Trying oyster crackers at 19 weeks when Phenergan is not effective-I can't believe the doc would say that! I am sad to even hear something like that. They just don't get it. Did he not even suggest any other medication options at all? I can't believe Phenergan is all they have given you so far. Is there another doctor in the group that you could request seeing? So sorry for you having to deal with that!
Take care
Rebecca
8/97 HG,Preterm labor ; 12/00 NVP,IUGR ; 10/05 HG-Zofran pump, Reglan; Due 8/07
kemama

Postby NutinStaysDown » May 18, 2005 5:39 pm

UGH! I am so sorry. My dr this time has been so great, and proactive, BUT....he even said, "well, we could have you try ginger and crackers again." I VERY quickly said, "uh..NO!" I did that cracker-ginger thing two pregnancies ago. I think he was feeling like he was failing in not solving my problem, but yours sounds like they need to learn more about HG! (Maybe from the HG fairy?) Do you have an other appt in the next few weeks? The scale never lies...and even if the baby is growing great...what about you??? Your comfort...your health...your happiness....your sanity?????
My thoughts are with you!

(BTW- your first is a few days younger than my first, and we are due a few weeks apart this time. Somehow I squezed a second babythere, but I know how you are feeling nonetheless. )
Jen

Mommy of...
Kelti - 2/11/02
Bree - 5/6/03
Bean Sprout - edd 10/15/05
NutinStaysDown

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)