Well, when you have the next baby....

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

Well, when you have the next baby....

Postby emily » May 18, 2005 6:01 pm

Um, I came this close to telling my FIL to "f*ck off* this weekend. He kept cracking jokes about when we have the next baby. Um, first off, they know perfectly well, there are no more babies. DH and I don't even WANT anymore babies, HG aside. I just find it really, condescending to be cracking jokes about that. I finally looked him square in the eye and told him that I really didn't find having to go through HG a joking matter and I thought he was being very rude. He finally shut up. Why on earth would this be something to joke about???
emily
Devoted to You

Postby di » May 18, 2005 9:29 pm

OMG you poor thing. :( my mother says that to me =DH says he'll make it very clear to her if she says anything while she's here. By contrast my FIL would probably advise me NOT to have any more (especially since we have had to borrow so much $ off him for my medical expenses!!) I think you would be perfectly within your rights to tell him to F off, and anyway who wants to discuss their sex life with their in-laws??!! :oops: I hope he got the hint!

Cheers
Di
di
Been There Done That

sheesh

Postby IslandDreamer » May 18, 2005 10:44 pm

Well, sheesh, I had forgotten our family sizes were public domain. Silly me. Funny how ILs feel so free to say dumb stuff. You were very patient. Hope what you said works.

Love,
Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby pippa » May 21, 2005 4:12 am

Hey Emily, I'll trade you!

When we called my in-laws to tell them we were pregnant with Bug, my FIL said "What? Are you having some kind of menagerie up there?" :evil:

They've been pretty quiet about this one, as have my parents (my dad feels a bit overwhelmed since by the time this baby is born my sister and I will have given them 7 grandchildren in less than 6.5 years LOL), but I think they knew it was TOTALLY beyond our control, and DH has already been snipped (that was the first thing I think I did after my pregnancy was confirmed, and the HG wasn't even bad then!)

~ pippa

^i^ Baby ^i^ 4.95
Beanie 1.10.00
^i^ Sprout ^i^ 6.01
Buster 3.07.02
Bug 8.10.03
Tattoo (One determined baby... got past a tubal ligation!) due 9.23.05
pippa
Welcomed Friend

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)