MIL Crackers

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

MIL Crackers

Postby PamelaRose » May 19, 2005 8:04 pm

For Suzanne, a MIL thread...because I'm still chuckling about pulling her MIL out of her ass. :wink:

My MIL is a very sweet, supportive person, so I really don't have much to complain about, but I did manage to collect a couple of gems over the course of 4 HGs. Probably the best came during a discussion about HG with my pharmacist SIL, who is amazed at how well I know my antiemetics. Ha! She asked about genetic links to HG, and I told her that NVP is more common in women whose families suffer. So she asks my MIL, who had 5 children in 8 years, about morning sickness, and my MIL answers, "I never had TIME to be sick." :twisted: While I know she doesn't actually believe my HG was brought on by boredom, it was still just a wee bit annoying.

OK, let the games begin. Who's got a fun MIL story to share?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby caleighbelle47 » May 20, 2005 5:25 am

Well I've already complained about my MIL, we totally don't get along. She totally doesn't understand HG, but she won't read anything about it either. She asks my dh how I am and he says "really sick" and she just goes "well what's wrong with her?" Hello, hasn't she figured it out yet. This isn't my first HG pregnancy! She actually asked my dh last month what bedrest was! We're living with her, and she was also upset that I don't stop and chat when I'm on my way to the bathroom to puke.

But HG aside, she's said some crazy things. We had to have her watch my daughter when we first moved here because we had to go buy a crib and we couldn't take her because we had to take the truck and there wasn't room for her carseat. So I'm getting ready to leave and she asks me if she should just put her to sleep on our bed. I was like NO, she was going to put my 2 month old to nap on an adult bed in the back of the house with no one around. When I said no, she actually asked, "well what do I do with her?" I was in shock, she raised 5 kids and she doesn't know what to do with a baby :shock:

Another time she watched her and we came home and she had put a blanket over her in her crib. So my dh tells her that it's not safe for a blanket to be in the crib with her, plus it's Hawaii and she doesn't need a blanket. She asked what was wrong with a blanket so we said it was a suffocation risk. She said she couldn't see how a baby could suffocate with a blanket. How could a person not see how a baby could suffocate with a blanket. You know, they put it over their head and can't get it off. It's not that hard to imagine. So I don't let her watch her anymore, problem solved, well that one anyway.

I'm sure she's said other things about my pregnancy, but I don't talk to her and my husband knows not to tell me everything she says.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)