Dont ever use OB SOLUTIONS for HHC!!!

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

Dont ever use OB SOLUTIONS for HHC!!!

Postby HGx3 » May 28, 2005 2:56 am

This is pathetic to me. My HHC nurse had the NERVE to accuse me of abusing my phenergan, as if to imply I was using it to get high. Now, I was getting it iv push every4hrs per drs orders, but she proceeded to tell me i was using it too often, and needed to go longer in between doses. Went as far as to withhold my meds!!!! said she "forgotto deliver all ofit, reported it to my ob AND the er. I ended upon some er junkie list they have :roll:

She said she felt that I was using it improperly b/c I was using it mainly for sedation.

I tried talking to my ob, and she shrugged it off, SO, I got a NEW HHC co Matria,who was great. And a NEW ob at 26 wks Oh,and I also contacted a lawyer to write a piss off letter to that company OB SOLUTIONS based in CA regarding nurse Betty and her slanderous remarks. sheesh!!!!

I never spoke mush of this at the time. as it actually landed me back in the hospital at one point, butI needed to get it off my chest. (I was pg with Josh)

Thanks for listening!
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby caleighbelle47 » May 28, 2005 6:28 am

Getting high on phenergan, now that's something. I took phenergan during my entire 1st pregnancy, and have so far been doing the same this time. It may make you loopy, but it's definately not a good feeling. I can't imagine anyone taking it to feel good. And well if she had hyperemesis she'd probably want to be sleepy with phenergan too.

And as for taking it to be sedated, nurses have no room to talk. I drove the nurses at the hospital nuts during my last pregnancy, I was very unhappy with the catheter they forced me to have. I wouldn't shut up so they drugged me with morphine and sleeping pills. Everytime I said something about the catheter they immediately mentioned getting the sleeping pills. They just didn't want to listen to me.

I also don't get how nurses get away with messing with patients medication schedules. Do they really think they're smarter than the doctors.
-Angela
Isabella- October 2004
John- September 2005
Phoenix- July 2008
Hazel- March 2010
http://caleighbabies.blogspot.com/
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby Lil7Deb » May 28, 2005 7:36 pm

WOW using phenegren to get high. That's something.
That drug makes me pass out at the lowest doses. Guess i'm a junkie too. What an idiot. If your OB pescribed it then why on earth does she think she has the right to withhold your medication.

Good for you for writing a letter to their company. I hope she gets some reeducation. :(
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby Lil7Deb » May 28, 2005 7:36 pm

WOW using phenegren to get high. That's something.
That drug makes me pass out at the lowest doses. Guess i'm a junkie too. What an idiot. If your OB pescribed it then why on earth does she think she has the right to withhold your medication.

Good for you for writing a letter to their company. I hope she gets some reeducation. :(
Deborah

Mom to Mackenzie (2002) and Collin (2005)
Lil7Deb
Been There Done That

Postby nomore » May 29, 2005 1:54 pm

Lisa,

that is just UNBELIEAVABLE!!!! Guess I was a zofran junkie than..lol Seroiusly, phenergan isnt really, lets say, FUN to take. It usually knocks you out. And, if you are in misery of nausea and vomiting, being knocked out IS a treatment!!!!!!!!!!! In my worst days when I was prgo with Madison, sleep was the ONLY relief I had. I WISHED I could of slept for weeks on end, if it would of made it better. And, with that being said, if we ever get prego with another, I PLAN on taking the phenergan to sleep as much as possible, with my Mom taking care of Madison. If thats how we have to get through this, than thats how we do it. That NURSE had NO right to imply OR report you. She belongs on HG island too.

Im sorry you were put in that spot. I KNOW it would of made me VERY upset, thus making the HG worse.

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby caty » May 29, 2005 5:35 pm

We're phenergan junkies all around I guess! With my first one that's all they had me on, and luckily I was able to sleep when I wasn't at work. When I was at work, I just couldn't take it. My problem with this one is that since they'd never give me enough IVF to get me rehydrated, if I took phenergan I'd fall asleep long enough (4-6 hours) that when I woke up I couldn't stop vomiting from the lack of fluids. UGH. There's no winning. I would make sure that the ER took you off of their junkie list too. And definitely send her one way to HG island...

~Caty

caty
Been There Done That

Postby IslandDreamer » May 29, 2005 9:26 pm

You have got to be kidding.... :evil: I know you aren't, but sheesh, how stupid is she?

Hmmmm....an IV push administered on doctor's orders...sounds like junkie behavior to me.

AWAY WITH HER! Off to HG Island!!!! :evil:

I'm so sorry, Lisa. What she did to you is terribly wrong.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby teddi » Jun 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Mmm. That is WAY uncool Lisa. Send the witch to HG island for sure!
I can't believe they really thought you were drug seeking. I mean, phenergan just isn't really that kind of drug. I suppose one could abuse it, but did she miss the fact you had HG?????

I was so scared of that same thing I didn't try to demand more percocet with the whole pancreatitis deal. I got a script for 30...which probably would have been enough. Until DH knocked the frelling bottle into the toilet.

But do you know how many times I've heard (at work) "I need more Soma/vicodin/codein - I knocked my pills down the sink/toilet?" I would have been more functional if I'd had decent pain control, but I was very paranoid of looking like I was drug seeking.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)